Intel’s Atom And Core i7 Processors Right On The Corner

The leading manufacturer of computer processors is once again in the news because of its new processors Intel Atom and Intel Core i7 which the company will be launching very shortly, according to the information leaked by certain websites. The company, Intel, previously launched Core I series of processors. In no time the new processors captured the market and almost every laptop or computer that we see today has got i-series processor fitted.

#-Link-Snipped-#The new 32-nanometer Atom processors are expected to be launched on the 1st of August this year while the two i7 models will hit the market in the later end of the month of June.  In addition to this, to enhance the speed of the complete i-series processors, the company is also launching a new motherboard chip this month. The release of the new Atom series processors is breaking news in the field. Low power consumption processors, Atom D2500 and D2700 are said to be codenamed as Cedarview which will enter the market in between 1st August to 31st October.

Speaking more about the new Atom processors, they are expected to have their applications in low-power consumption laptops, set-top boxes and home-theatre systems. They are also expected to have support for the new technology, Blu-ray 2.0, to have their own media engine and to produce much lesser heat during the service.

The core i7 processors are however best suited for the desktops. This may be due to the fact that these processors produce much amount of heat and it is not possible to dissipate it in a laptop or similar device. The new core i7 processors will have 6 cores and the version i7-980 will have a clock frequency of 3.33(GHz). This processor will arrive anytime from 26th June to 2nd July. The core i7 – 955X Extreme Edition will be released later in the year. The Extreme Edition processor will clock at a higher frequency of 3.6 (GHz).

The prices of these devices however, are expected to be quite high. This can be judged from the price of Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 Processor which costs around Rs. 540, 00 in India. Thus, it can be marked out that the initial buyers of the new processors will be tech maniacs and enthusiasts. The products however will make their way into the main stream slowly. In spite of the high prices, looking at the performance delivered by the launched Intel processors so far, we may say that the price is worth the product.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We all have heard about green vehicles, automobiles, green technology, green this and green that. But have you ever heard of a green air craft? Yes that is true now....
Smartphone security experts Whisper Systems have released a new app that will let you see how other apps are storing user specific information and will stop such apps from snooping...
Storing of energy is always a problem. Mostly it is concerned with storing efficiency. Many times it happens that the existing cheaper methods are not efficient, but due to economical...
Since 1955, Fortune magazine compiles & publishes annual list of top 500 American corporations ranked by their gross revenue. The list includes public and privately held companies. The companies listed...
Micromax Bling2 specifications and pre-booking offer has been launched on Micromax Bling Official Website. We earlier covered Micromax Bling 2 technical features & specs when they were leaked accidentally on...