Intel & Opening Ceremony Launch MICA - The Latest Wearable Luxury Smart Bracelet

The biggest chip maker in the world Intel and Opening Ceremony, one of the leading brands in retail spaces, showroom, and gallery in the US have teamed up to launch a luxury bracelet known as 'My Intelligent Communication Accessory or MICA' that arrives just ahead of Christmas. Designed by Opening Ceremony and engineered by Intel, the MICA smart bracelet is introduced for women and features the precious metal & stone with 18K gold coating and a curved sapphire glass touchscreen display. This accessory can be used to write and send messages, set calendar & event notifications, respond with customizable messages, synch with Google and Facebook and access Yelp search/ratings for your favorite recreation areas be it shopping malls or restaurants.

For the user's personalization needs, the MICA bracelet supports setting a custom digital wallpaper designed by Opening Ceremony. With provision for up to 2 days of battery life, the MICA accessory could be your on-the-go buddy. Apart from these, the basic feature set includes standard micro USB charging, remote access, locking and device location. The cherry on the cake is that MICA is connected by AT&T and includes a two-year wireless data service plan provided by Intel in the price of the bracelet.

Intel-MICA-Smart-Bracelet-Opening-Ceremony

The MICA smart bracelet's price is set at US$495 and will only be on sale in the United States during the holiday season i.e. early December through Opening Ceremony New York and Los Angeles, select Barneys New York locations, and online at Openingceremony.us and Barneys.com. Here's a product demo put together by Intel Newsroom to demonstrate the use of MICA -

As an ending note, we would like to add that this new accessory powered by Intel is a fine example of convergence of fashion and technology and we are curious to know if this formula would work among the buyers. What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    The combination of Fashion and Technology is going to the next step of generation. Mainly for girls who wants Fashion embedded with Technology.
    This product may grab women in USA and Europe but this combination will soon get something different and amazing for the customers to Asia for bit lower price.
    After all its about innovation which starts the fire.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's wishing a very happy birthday to one of the most wonderful writers on CrazyEngineers. 🎉 @Dhananjay Harkare Here's a song dedicated from the entire CrazyEngineers Team to you 😁...
Dell India has made the Dell Venue 7 and Dell Venue 8 tablets with 3G & voice calling facility official in the country. These tablets were announced back in June...
i don't know if any of you want to live in this planet or not.....or even in this country....onw thing i was sure about when i opted for computers was....i...
Can anyone please guide me about the career options after B.tech in Electronics and Communication field...if I want to continue further in Core Electronics...and not in software companies...generally EC engineers...
Jolla Ltd., the Finish company founded by ex-Nokia employees, has started making waves thanks to a teaser it has put on the official website that says 'Something Big is about...