Intel Fined Over €1 Billion For Violation Of European Antitrust Laws (Updated With In

[​IMG]The European Commission today announced that it has fined #-Link-Snipped-# a record €1.06 billion ($1.45 billion) for abusing its dominance in the market for computer chips to exclude its biggest (and frankly, the only serious) rival #-Link-Snipped-# by paying computer manufacturers Acer, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and NEC as well as retailers to postpone, cancel or downright avoid using or selling the latter's products.That's one hell of a fine, considering the previous record for similar abuses in the EU was 'only' €497 million (Microsoft, back in 2004).The European Commission has ordered Intel to stop the exclusion practices immediately, and said it would closely and actively monitor Intel's compliance with its decision. E.U. regulators first began investigating Intel in 2001, after AMD filed a complaint in Brussels the year before.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Re: Intel Fined Over €1 Billion For Violation Of European Antitrust Laws (Updated Wit

Nice article , so what happens to intel in Europe next?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Google improvements we saw unofficially opened to some users about two months ago have gone official, letting searchers see timelines and "Wonder Wheels," filter for recent results, and seek...
CEans, Most of our student CEans discuss questions they attempted in university/college tests. How can we have them discuss the questions on CE Forums? How do you like the idea?
Hi all crazy CEans!!! I am Rajdeep & I am in 3rd year B.E. Computer. This is my first post in Crazy Engineers forum. I want to learn Socket Programming....
Hi all CEans!!! I feel very happy & be proud to join CE forums. I am Rajdeep Jadeja. Currently I am in 3rd yr BE Computer. And I am basiclly...
PM that i Received.. Nikhil SharmaHi..........😁 I want to do summer training in embedded systems, so from where should i do.... n how I can post my question on crazy...