Intel agreed to invest $3.1 Billion with ASML, Dutch chip equipment maker

On July 9 Intel had announced agreements with ASML Holding NV that includes a $3.1 billion equity investment in the Dutch chip equipment maker.

Intel indicated that the aim of this agreement is to quicken the deployment of lithography equipment to develop cutting edge wafer technology. Initial Equity Investment of $2.1 billion, will give Intel a 10% stake in ASML's per-transaction issued shares.Along with that also, Intel would be committed to invest $680 million to R&D funding to assist ASML in accelerating the development of 450-millimeter wafer manufacturing tools.

Subsequent phase of equity investment of $1 billion must be approved by ASML shareholders, and would allow Intel's stock to go to 15% of ASML's issued shares.

Looks like the whole purpose of this is to accelerate the R&D and production things, is this the competition with AMD that's forcing Intel for investment??

-CB

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to became an scientist...
Hello CEans, Here is a brief introduction about myself. Name: Swatantra Engineering Trade: Computer Engineering Location : Bangalore Occupation: Working(Tata Consultancy Services) Work Experience: Fresher Hobbies and Interest: Playing and...
Wikipedia on Tuesday shut down its Russian-language site (ru.wikipedia.org) for 24 hours to protest a bill that would give the Russian government sweeping powers to blacklist certain sites. Wikipedia's Russian-language...
hey guys i am new here and i am a final year electrical engineering student. I want your help , please suggest me some projects for my final year.😀
I am a final year student of ug in electronics and communication engineering from jerusalem college of engineering.... Joined this group after seeing that students getting help for their projects...