Integrated Smart Home Kit

Project Abstract / Summary : Our project is kit and app system which can installed into any existing or upcoming infrastructure easily and at a comparatively low cost so that household appliances can be monitored and controlled without constant input from the consumer. By installing this system a user should have control over the devices, especially heavy electricals, in his home even when he is not at home. By using multi-plug kind of devices to connect the appliances, real time energy consumption details will be send to the user's smartphone or computer via the internet or WiFi. He will then be able to control the appliances remotely or in person using the data. The energy meter will also be integrated so that the consumption can be compared with the supply. The most beneficial impact the system will have on is the monthly utility bills. No longer will one be spending money for devices that are left on at home in his absence. The system will also give details about the consumption of each connected device. This is certainly convenient. One will have complete control to make sure costs are low without exerting any additional effort.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Energy conservation is the need of the hour, especially in a developing country like India. What we observed from our daily lives and after some research is that almost 30 percent of our monthly electrical bill can be reduced by judicial and planned use of electrical devices. This is what triggered us to design a system to control and plan the processes in a network using comparisons with tariff rates, supply voltage and real time consumption details.

Project Highlights : I think we should win as our project is focused on a very relevant issue in our country as well as any other developing country. If implemented in a larger scale (in a rural village, for example), would help the government monitor and assess the problems in the village. This is a project with a huge development and marketing scope. Currently the automation sector is a huge market and with our project we aim to carve a niche of our own in this market.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Vimal Jyothi Engineering College
City: Kannur
State: Kerala
Participating Team From: Second Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Construction industry has taken a major role in the developing countries like India. In construction industry cement mortar and concrete were the most widely used...
Project Abstract / Summary : MEDICOOL +1 ADVANCE O.T. is the first of its kind ,in which a window air conditioning unit is used , along with typical ducting ,...
Hi Sir, I have been working as an APPS DBA for 3.5 years. Now I want to change my stream to coding. I have no experience in coding but fair...
As per the latest discovery, the universal energy cycle might get another entity in their structure, which however is not a living being. A group of scientists from the McGill...
Scientists from MIT have designed a scalable quantum computer which finds prime factors in real time. Owing to this latest technology, encryption schemes might experience a significant boost. Factoring large...