Installing xp instead of vista

hi everyone i have bought laptop it has already installed vista now i need to install xp but its not installing only

Replies

• babloo0311
    babloo0311
    its installing xp instead of vista
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Re: Installing xp instead of xp

Am a little confused ๐Ÿ˜€

You want to install XP alongside Vista, yes? But what is the issue? You second post seem to say you have succeeded already.

If you want to have 2 OSes, you need to create an extra partition.

Also, keep in mind that the usual process of installing multiple OSes is to install the oldest one first, followed by the newer one. If you reverse the process, the older OS may not recognize the boot manager of the newer one and may overwrite it. In this case, you'll need to fix the boot manager.

A word of warning. Do NOT install Windows XP 64 Bit with Vista 32 Bit ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • moksh
    moksh
    well yeah but u can do that in a single partition too u'll get an option to create a new folder in place for ur WINDOWS folder and Program files...
  • babloo0311
    babloo0311
    thanks for replying but the problem is i want completly to remove the vista and then install windows xp
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    What's your Laptop brand?
  • mshearer
    mshearer
    if theres something on the computer causing you problems then you could,

get yourself a linux live cd
    #-Link-Snipped-#

from the live cd, run the command in terminal
    sudo qtparted
    or
    sudo gparted

reformat your laptop hard-drives and try the vista install again.

Note: You won't be able to reverse this reformat, so you will definitly lose vista for good. And i really don't see how XP won't just install over the top of vista.
  • kooltechie
    kooltechie
    babloo0311
    hi everyone i have bought laptop it has already installed vista now i need to install xp but its not installing only
    first delete d vista partition n keep d vista files store. n den install XP
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    babloo0311
    thanks for replying but the problem is i want completly to remove the vista and then install windows xp
    The best way is to delete the c partition(i.e the partition were the vista files located) and then create it again, then install the xp. definitely it will work out.
  • nileshchakkar
    nileshchakkar
    I think no one understand ur problem
    do a simple thing
    1)insert xp cd
    2)rebbot machine
    3)press any key for continue
    4) u get a booting option in that it shows all drive
    5) complete format a drive where vista presnet ( probablu it on C)
    6) nw select that c drive for to install xp
    7) just press next n next
    8) u will nw got success in installing xp
  • sumitjami
    sumitjami
    Above process is exactly what is needed but make sure u format not only c drive but also all the other drives (in above process along with step 5) so that the newly loaded xp can recognize the drives.................
    ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Barack Obama won!!! and that too such a close win!!! It is magnificient that just 50 years ago Blacks were brought to America for slavery, they were deprived of voting...
๐Ÿ˜• Hi, Recently I saw a mobile O2 ICE for sale in Indiatimes shopping for Rs.3500. As the price is attractive and the features are quiet good, I want to...
Hey Hello Seniors ... I am a first year student of I.T. branch i basically got no idea how i will build a micromouse or any robot but i want...
CEans, You all are aware of the new American president Barack Obama's back ground. He is America's first 'colored' head of state. While almost every headline is reading a similar...
Hi all! What is in force nnow in India 1) NBC or 2) IS codes?