installation of turbo c

my operating system is windows 7 64 bit operating system,please tell from where i can install turbo c so that i can practice programs.šŸ˜€

Replies

• yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    Windows 7 is 64bit OS while TC is 16 bit programme so it wont work ... u need DOSBOX in order to run TC in Win7.

1. Install the software DOSBox version 0.74
    2. Create a folder,for example "Turbo" (C:\Turbo\)
    3. Download and extract TC into the Turbo folder (c:\Turbo\):
    4. Run the DOSBox 0.74 from the icon located on the desktop:
    5. Type the following commands at the command prompt [Z]: mount d c:\Turbo\ [The folder TC is present inside the folder Turbo]
    Now you should get a message which says: Drive D is mounted as a local directory c:\Turbo\
    6. Type d: to shift to d:
    7. Next follow the commands below:
    cd tc
    cd bin
    tc or tc.exe [This starts you the Turbo C++ 3.0]
    8. In the Turbo C++ goto Options>Directories> Change the source of TC to the source directory [D] ( i.e. virtual D: refers to original c:\Turbo\ . So make the path change to something like D:\TC\include and D:\TC\lib respectively )

How to start TurboC++ in the DOSBox automatically:
    You can save yourself some time by having DOSBox automatically mount your folders and start TurboC++:
    For DOSBox versions older then 0.74 browse into program installation folder and open the dosbox.conf file in any text editor. For version 0.73 go to Start Menu and click on ā€œConfigurationā€ and then ā€œEdit Configurationā€œ. Then scroll down to the very end, and add the lines which you want to automatically execute when DOSBox starts.

Please note:
    Full screen: Alt and Enter
    When you exit from the DosBox [precisely when u unmount the virtual drive where Turbo C++ 3.0 has been mounted] all the files you have saved or made changes in Turbo C++ 3.0 will be copied into the source directory(The directory which contains TC folder)
    Donā€™t use shortcut keys to perform operations in TC because they might be a shortcut key for DOSBOX also . Eg : Ctrl+F9 will exit DOSBOX rather running the code .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As the name specifies i m not such a cool gal.. presently, in training with Wipro on Unix-C sys..
Nationalism is all about our origin of blood and Globalization is all about our livingšŸ˜€ . So we can't separate this two terminologies from there relation. We all know that...
Often the students , even adults are unable to understand the latest trends of the economy and also do not understand the basic terms related to it...like fiscal deficit, Budget...
Dear Friends i am new user to this forum..
ā€‹Archos 97 Carbon is all set to challenge the might of Google Nexus 7 and heat up the competition in Android market. Carbon is another mid-range Android tablet that runs...