Install OSX 10.10 Yosemite On Multiple Macs - Tip

If you own multiple Mac machines and wish to upgrade all of them to OSX 10.10 Yosemite, here's an important tip for all of you! Instead of downloading the update on all the machines separately (and wasting a huge bandwidth / data in the process), you can download OSX 10.10 Yosemite only once and then install it on multiple Macs. How? It's easy!

Begin downloading the OSX update from your App store on any of your machines. Once the OSX installer is downloaded on your machine, do not rush to install it. Instead, go to your applications folder, right click on the installer, copy it and paste it in your backup folder (on a USB, or on some other location in your mac or external HDD). You can quickly transfer this backup copy of the installer on any of your mac machines that you wish to upgrade.

Beware: If you run the installer, it will automatically delete itself after the operating system is installed. It's very important to make a backup copy of the OSX Yosemite installer before you actually install the OS.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is all asked in infoysis referal drive..from were should i study. though i got the mail for giving the test but i have 63% in my btech.. i m...
Apple's just introduced the all the iMac 5K Retina Display, priced at $2499. Given that the current price of the iMac 27" in India is about Rs. ~140,000+; the price...
Check the AFCAT August 2014 results at careerairforce.nic.in
Videocon, the Indian mega electronics & telecom manufacturing giant, has come a long way over the last 5 years with its mobile device portfolio ranging from basic colour FM phones...
I am in a quest of testing all of the browsers available in the world. If you've ever tested some browsers that are not well known then please write short...