Instagram Resorts To Emailing To Share Highlights With Its Users

For a company that hasn't needed any kind of special publicity efforts to reach out to its target audience, Instagram sending emails to its users to share highlights of their feeds has taken the Internet by surprise. With many celebrities & influential leaders across the world using Instagram to connect & share photo updates (with cool filters) with their fans and supporters for the past few years, it wasn't difficult for Instagram to attract the crowds. However, it seems that to retain its users, Instagram will now be sending an email digest called 'Instagram Highlights' which will have posts that you might've missed from the people you follow.

Instagram needs its users to keep browsing their feed and the company wants to make sure that users know what they miss when they are not on the photo-sharing app. It feels right to mention here that Instagram released its Layout app for both Android and iOS users.

Instagram-Logo-636x310

Twitter, the mega microblogging site also came up with its Timeline Highlights feature earlier this year. In an update called “while you were away”, Twitter shows likely-to-be-important tweets posted after user’s last login. This was probably the first update where tweets shown were not necessarily in the chronological order.

Are Instagram users out there happy about receiving an email from their favorite app? Or are you guys hitting unsubscribe link already? Let us know via comments below.

Source: An Aging Instagram Tries To Win Us Back With Email "Highlights" • TechCrunch

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Japanese tech giant, Panasonic has released Eluga L 4G smartphone in India. Launched in May this month, the phone offers decent features at a reasonable price. Available in Radiant...
what r the career opportunities after BE(IT). Is it necessary to go for masters if one wish to work in the company. Does doing master give any advantage of salary...
hi, i'm pradeep.i've got a job in value labs in customer support.i'm a fresher now.if i take this oppurtunity will there be any chance for me go to developing side...
Creative, the Singapore based audio manufacturer has unveiled its Bluetooth headset in India. If we compare its pricing to a headphone with similar specs from Sennheiser or JBL, it's found...
Hello everyone i have been using appolo 800va ups for three years for my pc.during power outage will the ups supply 800va to my pc?when a ups is aged it...