Instacon - 10 story building constructed in 48 hours in Mohali, Punjab

Rapid construction engineering has made it to India with 'Instacon' being the first 10 story building in India built in record breaking 48 hours at an industrial plot in Mohali, Punjab. The construction of Instacon began at 4:30 pm on Thursday last week. Engineers and contractors worked non stop to construct 10 floors in 48 hours.

The building with red and grey facade building was constructed using pre-fabricated material and required about 200 tonnes of steel. One of the official of Synergy Thrislington infrastructure said that they wanted to prove that this could be done and the team achieved their goal. Only the finishing touches were remaining by the deadline.

Instacon is a brainchild of Harpal Singh who heads Rs. 1000 crore infrastructure company. Of course the building makes no compromise on the quality. It's Zone-V seismic area certified which is the highest risk area. Over 200 engineers and skilled workers were employed to work on this project.

Instacon uses no bricks and sand and the outer wall is a double-skinned PUF panel. The engineering team also said that the cost of the construction is almost same as that of traditional construction.

I expect the rapid-construction techniques to be used everywhere in India. Would love to hear from Civil & Structural engineers their opinion / thoughts on this new technique. Tell us the differences and how the team could construct the building so fast.

Replies

• Gandalf
    Gandalf
    It would take a while to penetrate into the markets, Construction Giants would not immediately turn to this option without bricks and sand , First would evaluate the condition and designs before implementing it,
    Though i am Not a Civil Engineer , can't Comment on Technicalities ,
    Would be happy if #-Link-Snipped-# clarifies or puts some light on this
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is incredible. A six storey apartment near my locality is being built since 2 years. 👎
    I just hope pre-fabrication becomes common in India. 👍
    Engineers in charge of the project said the whole building was pre-fabricated. Components like doors, floors, water supply and wiring components were ready and needs to be fitted as the building scales up. A special transportation vehicle was deployed to ferry the components to the building site.I googled up and found this video -
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    For any prefabricated building the foundation is laid using conventional method. In any building as we know the total load is transmitted to the foundation.
    While adopting this method joints should be given at most important. Also this can be done in places where there is enough space for the cranes to operate. The facade works are light weight materials. Also these days facade work is preferred for high raised buildings as it consumes less time and is of less weight.
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    Please if any body can clarify mah doubts-
    How and what type of foundation was layed in this case ?
    Any idea regarding the cost of prefabrication and also what all companies in India are in the work of prefabrication?
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    I thought the foundation is laid using conventional method. But I found the following video. This shows the foundation for a house at Princeton.

I would like to know how they have laid the foundation for Instacon.
  • padmesh
    padmesh
    foundation for any building is laid using piles.
    be it pre-fab or conventional !
  • Devendersynergy
    Devendersynergy
    Thank you in advance for taking the time out of your busy day to read and consider this.

COMMERCIAL BUILDING ,HIGH RISE BUILDING,HOSPITAL,SCHOOL,UNIVERSITY,MALLS,SITE OFFICE AND OTHER MULTI STOREY BUILDINGS
    Respected Sir,

We are in Prefab technology construction and construct INDIA with India technology…Taking less time to give any type of building or structure in days only.
    Required your kind intervention towards our technology to MAKE INDIA FAST.

In this field of ultra fast construction ,A Ten Story Building which was constructed in 48 hours is an achievement using this concept that you are already aware of. The record set by an Indian entrepreneur even today stands as no one has tried to duplicate it.
    LIMCA BOOK RECORDED.
    Intellect and eagerness to multiply the velocity of working resulted into Instacon Concept that revolutionizes the construction of multi-storey building limiting the site work from years into mere couple of days. Synergy’s reputation and feat is based on our knack to be receptive and performing, meeting the needs of the client in terms of quality, time line and budget. We pride ourselves on our panache to realize client's requirements and connect with them through each and every step of our process.
    Our product portfolio includes:
    1) Factory Made modular Housing projects (Instahome)
    2) Factory Made Modular Steel Buildings (Instacon)
    Requirement of Site Offices/ Porta Cabins/Anganwadi/Labour Colony/ Storages/ Shelters/ Police Barracks/ Site Offices/ Universities/ Hospitals/Hatcheries and other Multi Storey Buildings etc. We are supplying these turnkey prefab structures to all major solar/ infrastructure companies
    Our product portfolio includes:
    1.Steel Based Commercial Construction
    2.Prefabricated Buildings & Structures:
    3.EPS Based Housing
    4.Hospitality
    We represent INDIA as a fastest construction company.
    we are the experts in manufacturing and erection of Smart Houses and Commercial Complexes in very shortest time, in longer run these products are comparatively more cheaper and economical to conventional buildings
    Recently we had completed
    Himachal Govt. Hospital (30 bed) at Sunni near Shimla (INDIA)
    HOSPITAL PROJECTS -. Fortis Hospital, PIMS Jalandhar, (INDIA)

Based on the experiences during execution of various projects , we go on introducing many new systems ,equipments and processes to convert the accuracy of this concept into precision.

Hope you will consider our company and give an opportunity to present ourselves soon.

For more info or query Email me at #-Link-Snipped-#
    M.No.09803067522

connect me on Linkedin @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ummed Purohit
    Ummed Purohit
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rapid construction engineering has made it to India with 'Instacon' being the first 10 story building in India built in record breaking 48 hours at an industrial plot in Mohali, Punjab. The construction of Instacon began at 4:30 pm on Thursday last week. Engineers and contractors worked non stop to construct 10 floors in 48 hours.

The building with red and grey facade building was constructed using pre-fabricated material and required about 200 tonnes of steel. One of the official of Synergy Thrislington infrastructure said that they wanted to prove that this could be done and the team achieved their goal. Only the finishing touches were remaining by the deadline.

Instacon is a brainchild of Harpal Singh who heads Rs. 1000 crore infrastructure company. Of course the building makes no compromise on the quality. It's Zone-V seismic area certified which is the highest risk area. Over 200 engineers and skilled workers were employed to work on this project.

Instacon uses no bricks and sand and the outer wall is a double-skinned PUF panel. The engineering team also said that the cost of the construction is almost same as that of traditional construction.

I expect the rapid-construction techniques to be used everywhere in India. Would love to hear from Civil & Structural engineers their opinion / thoughts on this new technique. Tell us the differences and how the team could construct the building so fast.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Simplest explanation! Ever wondered why does this equation hold true? Check out the explanation - edit: typo mistake in heading, please correct to taught.
Q # 1: Create a PL/SQL block that determines the top employees with respect to their salaries. In a loop get the names and salaries of the top 5 people...
hi, when dealing with arrays we often come across mechanism that seems to implement call by reference, of course, during function calls. Is it not the violation of the fact...
- How about introducing "Best Answer" option ? The CEan who asks the question has right to vote for "Best Answer" to whoever's answer he/she finds "most-helpful". If CEan who...
why we use superposition principle in derivation of schoridinger wave equation?????????????