Inrekor’s Demonstrates Lightweight Chassis For Electric Vehicles

Inrekor, a UK-based chassis technology company, has come up with a new lightweight material for the body of electric cars, which can reduce the overall weight of the cars by 30 percent, and also increase their range. The new material was employed in ECOMove’s QBEAK electric vehicle concept weighing 400kg, and this resulted the car to accomplish a 300km battery range, nearly twice a range compared to other electric vehicles.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Inrekor’s composite chassis comprises two aluminium sheets distinguished by a layer of ARPRO; a lightweight material as of now employed in particular automotive purposes. The standard applications of ARPRO in the automotive enterprise include impact protection, reason enough to use it in places like core of bumpers and the inside impact boards. ARPRO also boasts of worthy insulating properties that can downplay energy utilization for heating and air conditioning purposes; lengthening the battery life even more. Added to all this, the ARPRO core can better the driving experience by cutting down the noise, vibration and roughness.

The QBEAK model stands proud with Frost & Sullivan’s 2012 European Electric Vehicles Early Stage Investment Opportunity Award and is scheduled for release in 2013.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Copenhagen Suborbitals aka CS is building the 'Tycho Brahe' - a one passenger suborbital capsule that will take you about 100 miles in the sky but may not let you...
The research engineers from the University of Strathclyde's Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering may just have found a breakthrough in harnessing solar power in space. Project Suaineadh was an...
Just two months back, we got the news of Linux 3.3 Release that had Android support included. And now, Linus Torvalds has announced the release of Linux 3.4. Apart from...
A cautionary tale from Pixar in the form of a video reveals how it had lost Toy Story 2 altogether. The video was available as an extra on the Blu-ray...
They told me I could be anything, so I became an inventor. Yes, you can now say that with pride. The Makey Makey Invention Kit designed by two MIT Media...