Infy's Mohandas Pai Says Don't Expect Huge Wage Hike

INFI's Mohandas Pai has said that the good old days of wage increase are over and IT engineers shouldn't expect huge salary raises this year. The reason is that market has become too competitive and there's increasing unemployment in the US and UK.

Indian IT industry being mostly services oriented, depends largly on the markets in the US and UK. He said that the wage increase would be a single digit number on the higher side (7-9 percent?)

Mohandas Pai said that he expects fair stabilization in fresh engineering graduate salary over the next four years as the supply is growing at a faster rate than the demand.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks to mushrooming Indian engineering colleges that produce engineers in bulk. I think ultimately, the industry will suffer. What's your take?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sir,
    Why to work for wage or Salary?It comes along as you progress in your work.Now what ever Mr.Mohandas Pai said was based on his thorough study.This people are mostly right when taking key decisions.So we can safely assume he is true on wage count too.But why not try to work for quality rather than money?
    Well I think empowering people not only of IT but also of various other branches is need of time.😀
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    in my view they should give salaries depending on the burden of works they given
    so my suggestion is they should attract the people and it makes people to work more
    mainly it works with Indians
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    My view, do something, charge for it... Being a consultant, is better than getting employed! What say? You will be the king of your work!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I got introduced to Northeye construction project at Noida India via CB's post in Skyscrappers. I checked out the video on SUPERTECH: NORTH EYE and its impressive. Does anyone have...
Hi all, I wanted to discuss what similarities you find between various softwares like catia,mechanical,inventor,Gstar etc. I use or atleast have worked with PRO-E and Catia and I can tell...
hey friends, we are much bothered about having the experts here then why cant we use CE id in many official sites many are giving there gmail id's we CEans...
hi everyone, This is chetan. As many of you might know that, in 2015 UK government will be spending 75% on maintenance of old bridges and only 25% on building...
CEans, Our VoiCE authors have been contributing great articles, tips and knowledge on VoiCE -our official blog. I'm sure many of you are regular readers of VoiCE. It would be...