Infosys/WIPRO/TCS/SATYAM/Cognizant Interview Experience

Infosys/WIPRO/TCS/SATYAM/Cognizant & other major IT services companies recruit engineers in huge numbers! ;-) .

I was wondering if our CEans could share their interview experiences etc. with the rest of us so that those looking forward to joining these companies can benefit.

What do you say folks? ๐Ÿ˜€ Anyone?

Replies

• ankur8819
    ankur8819
    INFOSYS INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE::

I somehow managed to clear the written round.and i was called for the interview..

At that time I was in a mess...my clothes luked aweful.
    anyhow i changed clothes and my name was called.when i enterd the Hr room...the interviewer askd me too relax and chill.....I was getting tensed....He asked for my resume...I somehow found it frm sumwere in my file ...[โ€‹IMG]..He luked at it...and said.."YOU GOT 83in 10th..81 in 12th....73 in Btech ...u GOnna B ZERO In INFY.......man i was taken aback.....wat to say "I don knw wat hapnd then..i answered it vry bravely....and cmpared my self to ALBERT EINSTEIN to prove that marks are nt imp....[โ€‹IMG]
    He was impressed.....then some more gnral qstns....and yes hw can i frget the puzzle thng....I think here i scored on him...He asked me a qstn like.."tell me the no. of cubes wid 10cm edge that can be fitted in to cube of 1m cube" and gave me pen to solve...i didnt write a single wrd on paper..and gave him the ans..He said you must cnfirm it by solving ...i Said...."sir its all in my mind"..then 2 more puzzles...culdnt solve them..
    I remeber he asked me a real kool question..i dont remember the exact statment..but the "feel" behind the question will always remain in my mind!!
    He gave a statment like---> 5*5+32-09=40(its a fictous one.. ๐Ÿ˜› I told u i remeber the "feel"!).He said make one amendment and prove that L.H.S. is equal to R.H.S..!! i readit..and then statred applying my brains..i didnt leave any mathematical operator possible to solve the statement but all in vain...
    at last i gav up!!
    then wat he did was.....he just drew a line on the "=" operator i.e."!=" (dat makes it not equal to ) so the answer was there !! I was like....wow! sir u r a genius!!!
    I remeber the line he said!!
    he said" THERE MAY Be other wasy of doing it also...BUT THATS MY WAY OF DOING IT".man i was impressed!!!
    some more silly stuff happened like asked me about how many gals are u going around with..I was like...."hold on ...ummmmmmm..ummmmmmm๐Ÿ˜€.."
    he statred smiling and said," so the gals at Infosys are in danger ....lolz!!!

Then at last when i was leavng the room..he stopeed me and said "Hope to see u at INFY..BST OF LCK 4 dat"
    I sensed...my victory...but was not sure...
    then came the moment of my lyf...
    MY name wwas announced....and i was really happy..as this was my first company placemnt!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜€ very nice & congratulations for getting into Infosys.

[Tip: Please avoid orkut style SMS text in your posts. It makes reading very difficult and is against forum protocol]

Looking forward to more posts! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Thanks for sharing your experience, ankur!

Man.. one year away from graduation, and I'm already super nervous facing a job interview ๐Ÿ˜”
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well quite a stuff,Infosys rejected me since I questioned the Interveiwr about his knowledge.....that was my stupidity!!but really enjoyed giving him back!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sauravgoswami
    well quite a stuff,Infosys rejected me since I questioned the Interveiwr about his knowledge.....that was my stupidity!!but really enjoyed giving him back!!
    lol !

Now, you must tell us about the whole Interview Experience! Can't wait to hear from you!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    sure man!!..well it happend when i was just out of collge!!i cleared there off-campus written test!!..i enquired with my seniors they told me to relax as personal interveiw is a formality....so the big-day came,i treid to followed wat i heard in personality development classes...
    i dressed decently had my resume with me,highlighting my projects in C-graphics,embedded systems and Microelectronics...
    he started comfortably,asking questions similar to wat had been asked to ankur,he checked my resume and enquired whether I am interested working in Embedded systems,I became really excited,he told me to describe my projects i described in short,he didnt ask me anyquestions....tat was it!!....he asked whether i had somehing to ask,I asked him is infosys working in embedded systems...his ans was no.....i asked for his profile,well he was a MCA,and worked in ERP,SAP etc....I asked him wat he understood about my projects,he gave me a disgusted looked and politely said he was curious to know how did i worked in my project,as if he was doubting me,i felt really insulted,I requested him in solving one problem in C,were I asked him to penn the algorithm for me,tat problem was from a Shakuntala Devi,I waited for 5 mins,he was in a fix,and replied back it will be so unfortunate to work under you,he was so furious but before he balsted me,I apolosized and went out of the cabin......as expected i didnt cleared the interview,but he was a braggart and tat made him accepted my challenge......my advice "Make ur interviewer feel Genuis,even if u know he is a donkey"
  • koli
    koli
    I want to share my experience with HCL. It wasnt a campus interview but the one schedule at HCL office. By then I had experience of 3 interviews and 1 job with me.

When I reached their office, it was full of candidates, no place to sit or stand. They made everyone fill some generic form and then appeared 3 written test GK, Math and communications. And the 4th test is test of patience. Usually I am most impatience person. But I don know what got into me that day. I was there at 10 AM and till 2PM there was no signs of any progress after written test. Crowed slowly started reducing to 20+ folks by 3PM. Height of patience...no ofood..no snacks..no tea-coffee..๐Ÿ˜”

Finally I was called in for interview, I was asked general questions, technology etc. I dont know how i did in that., but lastly i was told that i failed into maths written test. I was like๐Ÿ˜ก, If I failed - why did u waste my time by calling into personal interview and making me wait for 5 hours. But I kept quite and said, I can re-appear. And boy - I was given 2nd chance. I dont know whether I genuinely cleared my 2nd round or not, but I was hired by HCL. The person took my interview was my Bosses boss.
  • Kaushik M D
    Kaushik M D
    hi im new to the forum..... i got placed at infy on 11th feb 2008. The Ppt of the company was too good and mouth watering.. the opportunities seemed too good to b framed as my dreamt company...
    the aptitude was quite tough... and the communication skill test was more difficult.. i had worked on RS Agarwal in vacations... it helped me .. out of 650 odd aspirants, 49 were shortlisted.. i was shocked to here my name (happy too). suddenly i was the first person to be called to the HR . i had no time to get off the excitement and calm my mind.... the HR was too friendly and 4 my surprise the interview was xactly full of unexpected questions... it could be called an " attitude check round" ... she enquired about disadvantages of having too many friends and i replied that its a source of instantaneous flow of information.. and she said it would be fulfilled by news papers, tv, internet... i juz said" i hope v cant share feelings with it"....asked about my paperpresentaions and participations in SHASTRA-07 at IIT Madras... it worked out wel..she asked me some technical questions too.. i was confident and was one among 33 who got thru...
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Interesting topic. I have enough stories to share, courtesy umpteen interviews that I have given :smile:

Anyway, this is from WIPRO. I was called for an interview for the post of Business Manager, Sales for BFSI domain. Wipro, for an unknown reason, has got a cluster of offices in Mumbai unlike their centers in Pune, Hyderabad or Bangalore. One of these offices where I went was at the Band Stand, Bandra (W) by far one of the most liked area in Mumbai. They had this bungalow converted into an office and boy, it was amazing. Already awestruck I was supposed to meet a senior Manager. (Needless to say I had cleared my initial telephonic rounds.) So I met this, fair bald and slightly obese guy in one of the cabins whose windows opened to the sea. He could see that I was completely impressed. But I have this tendency to throw a bite back question to start with. So when he asked me, 'tell about yourself' I said without a blink, "What else do want to know apart from what my resume already tells you? Can you be specific?" Bulls Eye! He was shocked. He said, "Well, I was just opening a conversation. You may tell me any thing you may like." I already had another arrow drawn from my quiver, "Perhaps if you wanted to judge my communication skills, I would rather give an extempore speech. Anyway, I will tell you what I have been doing lately and what value I bring to you."

And so the interview began. It went smooth and I finally managed to impress that guy. He took me for a smoke and a coffee in the balcony facing the sea (I don't smoke) and said he could set me up with his boss, VP-BFSI APAC region for Wipro. I was more cautious with him this time and despite a good performance I was rejected. I had the required knowledge and the flare to be a sales guy. But Wipro wanted some more grey hair (read experience).

All my interviews are fun. For ex. the company where I'm working right now, I had opened the dialogue saying "I had reserved 1 hour for this schedule. But since you made me wait for 25 min. I have just 35min left for the discussion, lets continue if thats fine."

They liked my attitude. :grin: I have really interesting stories to share if people want to hear.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Lends both ears to MayurPathak.

Waiting!
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    mayurpathak
    Interesting topic. I have enough stories to share, courtesy umpteen interviews that I have given :smile:

Anyway, this is from WIPRO. I was called for an interview for the post of Business Manager, Sales for BFSI domain. Wipro, for an unknown reason, has got a cluster of offices in Mumbai unlike their centers in Pune, Hyderabad or Bangalore. One of these offices where I went was at the Band Stand, Bandra (W) by far one of the most liked area in Mumbai. They had this bungalow converted into an office and boy, it was amazing. Already awestruck I was supposed to meet a senior Manager. (Needless to say I had cleared my initial telephonic rounds.) So I met this, fair bald and slightly obese guy in one of the cabins whose windows opened to the sea. He could see that I was completely impressed. But I have this tendency to throw a bite back question to start with. So when he asked me, 'tell about yourself' I said without a blink, "What else do want to know apart from what my resume already tells you? Can you be specific?" Bulls Eye! He was shocked. He said, "Well, I was just opening a conversation. You may tell me any thing you may like." I already had another arrow drawn from my quiver, "Perhaps if you wanted to judge my communication skills, I would rather give an extempore speech. Anyway, I will tell you what I have been doing lately and what value I bring to you."

And so the interview began. It went smooth and I finally managed to impress that guy. He took me for a smoke and a coffee in the balcony facing the sea (I don't smoke) and said he could set me up with his boss, VP-BFSI APAC region for Wipro. I was more cautious with him this time and despite a good performance I was rejected. I had the required knowledge and the flare to be a sales guy. But Wipro wanted some more grey hair (read experience).

All my interviews are fun. For ex. the company where I'm working right now, I had opened the dialogue saying "I had reserved 1 hour for this schedule. But since you made me wait for 25 min. I have just 35min left for the discussion, lets continue if thats fine."

They liked my attitude. :grin: I have really interesting stories to share if people want to hear.
    wow..that was intersting...I liked the quote of yours where you said "I had reserved 1 hour for this schedule. But since you made me wait for 25 min. I have just 35min left for the discussion, lets continue if thats fine."
    But don't you think sometimes it can be a bit risky showing this attitude...Suggest me..if taking this risk is worth ???
    i mean this "ME" attitude ...does it helps..??keeping in mind that the interviewee is a fresher...!!!!

and yeah..waiting for other experiences too!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Fantastic stuff coming up here! I'll share my interview experience : -

October 2007:

I had resigned from my job as a Sr. Software Engineer to dedicate myself to CE. I had no intention of joining any job. I was serving the notice period that time. I happened to see a very cool company called "Pinstorm" on a business channel. They were into online marketing. The company, being run by Mr. Mahesh Murthy got my attention.

I checked the website ( Pinstorm ) and found out that they were looking for an online community manager! Woa! They were searching for someone who could build online communities, promote them, turn them into active communities etc. I thought I was the best person for that job . I filled up their online contact form and told them about CE (it was very small then (about 5k CEans) ) . The HR from Pinstorm called after 2 hours.

I had a small telephonic talk with their Head of Operations & he totally grilled me (later I found out he was the second most senior person in Pinstorm and an IIM-A grad ๐Ÿ˜) . I was asked to show up in their office at Mumbai.

On the D-day, I showed up at Pinstorm's office in my CE - Tee ๐Ÿ˜‰ and favorite blue jeans. The first person to talk to me was the CEO - Mr. Mahesh Murthy himself! I was damn excited to shake hands with him. Then, I was put through about 9 interviews each lasting about 40 minutes. I was asked about CE, how would I build community for a big brand (can't disclose), What'd I do if etc.

They offered me a job @ Pinstorm as a community manager. ๐Ÿ˜

I did not join for some reasons & dedicated myself to CE.

PS: Old timers know that CE was relaunched on 1 January 2008. [โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ankur8819
    But don't you think sometimes it can be a bit risky showing this attitude...Suggest me..if taking this risk is worth ???
    i mean this "ME" attitude ...does it helps..??keeping in mind that the interviewee is a fresher...!!!!
    Well, not really - when you know how to do it The Mayur Pathak way! [โ€‹IMG]

PS: Don't try it - :sshhh: , I know few of his experiences - and he comes across like totally awesome dude without whom the company would sink.
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    hmmm..thanx..actually i was literally thinking of using those lines in my next interview ๐Ÿ˜›!!! But not now!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ankur8819
    hmmm..thanx..actually i was literally thinking of using those lines in my next interview ๐Ÿ˜›!!! But not now!
    Do it when you're appearing for interviews just for fun (like Mayur does )

Great way to kill Weekends, you know!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Well well well. Lot of things to clarify here. I have an advice to all of you. PLEASE DO NOT IMITATE ME. (Caps deliberate)

I don't show attitude. Actually its the tendency of most of the candidates to get nervous before the interview. The interviewer takes advantage of it. I was like that when I was a fresher too. What I try to do is make the interviewer nervous. ๐Ÿ˜

In some time I will share my interview with the Presales Head of Syntel. Its kick ass :hehehe:
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    Do it when you're appearing for interviews just for fun (like Mayur does )

Great way to kill Weekends, you know!
    Couldn't agree less. Appearing for interviews is also a good personality building exercise. It keeps you up to date and helps in highlighting your short comings. I do that often for fun. Who knows you might land up in your dream job :grin:

ankur8819
    hmmm..thanx..actually i was literally thinking of using those lines in my next interview :razz:!!! But not now!
    Ankur I wouldn't advice you to do so. But the key here is to know thy self very well and be confident. You will never fail in your interview.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well showing attitude depends on us,when to show when to not,i was beinged interviwed by one MNC,i went with an un-kempt look,though i apolozise my interveiw was good!!,they rejected me!!...depends u see
  • dpn123
    dpn123
    The_Big_K
    Infosys/WIPRO/TCS/SATYAM/Cognizant & other major IT services companies recruit engineers in huge numbers! ;-) .

I was wondering if our CEans could share their interview experiences etc. with the rest of us so that those looking forward to joining these companies can benefit.

What do you say folks? ๐Ÿ˜€ Anyone?
    Infosys interviews are for good-at-school students.For experienced folks probably this not the right company.
    They have a pre-determined notion across the company that u should have good grades and looks like they decide b4 the interview if they want u in.
    By their standards Bill Gates and many other folks like him would not have been selected cause they dropped out of school
    It is a waste of time to think about infosys if you have gained enough experience in IT and want to move ahead.
    They have good programmers though right from the top.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    New interview, new post ๐Ÿ˜€

I had an interview with the General Manager of the Harbinger Group today morning. Unfortunately, after so many successful stints, I failed to clear the hurdle. Here is how I fared.

Q1: Mayur, tell me more about your personal and professional self.
    Ans: I hate this question. But the interview was at 9:30am, too early for me and I was in no mood to bite back. I tool full advantage of the opportunity and started the story right from my childhood. I went on and on... before realizing there was no movement on the other end. "Hello?" I said. "Ya ya, go on." Thank god he didn't hang up. But I'm wise to know that he was bored to death, which left me a very small window to explain my current profile.

Q2: What do you know about IT product sales?

Ans: Bingo! He hit me in the eye. All these years I have been involved in purely IT services. I tried to bluff before finally giving up and saying I had little experience in product selling.

Q3: Why do you want to leave your current job?
    Ans: Don't you know that idiot? Money of course. Ah! But yes, I had to bluff again. I told him about how difficult it is in Mumbai and how much I love Pune. It didn't work!

Q4: Whats your current and expected CTC?

Ans: Hmmm... subjective question. I don't like to bluff when they ask me about money. I open my mouth as much as I can ๐Ÿ˜ (joking!) and I did just that.

Q5: Alright Mayur, I'm interviewing other candidates as well. I will get back to you after we are done.
    Ans: Darn! I lost it. He was a man of few words. If only I could have been more specific and told him what he wanted.

Well, I have shared my experience no. 2. Waiting for fellow CEans too comment. Also, if you wish to know some gyan on how to handle telephonic interviews, do Me and telephonic interviews | Mayur's blog.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ans: Don't you know that idiot? Money of course.
    How much money do you want, Mayur?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    How much money do you want, Mayur?
    Darn! Forget about that Biggie... I'm not having a good day today. I don't have a good answer.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    Darn! Forget about that Biggie... I'm not having a good day today. I don't have a good answer.
    [Off topic] I hope you still remember what you told me about your limited expectations about money. A nice office, a cabin, a car, a house & a nice wife - that's all you wanted. You already have everything, don't you? [โ€‹IMG][/off topic]

Nice Interview. [โ€‹IMG]

I feel sorry for the Harbinger Group dude [โ€‹IMG]
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    Hi fellow CE' ans here's my interview with AMDOCS company...... (as part of campus placement)

(After a 3hr written test....Idiots i have been waiting for 2 hours with empty stomach desperately....take my interview :-(.... so atlast my chance came)

Anurag: Sir....May i Come In.?
    Interviewer :Yes please ...... be seated

Interviewer :Can i have a look at your file......
    Aurag: Yes ...please

Interviewer: So how was your written exam....?
    (Question paper was lil bit tough and iam confident that i gonna top in it ๐Ÿ˜Ž)
    (Idiot then what's point in asking such stupid question )
    Anurag: Hmm good,but the SQL paper was lilltle bit tough...if had prepared well...i would have done little bit good

Interviewer: Tell me about yourself...
    (Yeah this was the chance i was waiting for ๐Ÿ˜Ž.....grabbed it and told my autobiography.....:twisted๐Ÿ˜€
    Anurag: my schooling details,10+2 details,graduation details,my hobbies and achievements.....

Interviewer: What are you planning to do in Future ?
    (I know i'm gonna for MS sure......but asually bluffed him ๐Ÿ˜‰)
    Anurag: To become Project manager.....where i can lead and help my team to achieve success...

Interviewer: Tell me about your family....
    Anurag:My father &mother profession details and my bros and sis professional details

Interviewer: so do you know who is Iron Man of India...
    (Shocked a bit ๐Ÿ˜•...i knew it was HR interview.....what a shitty question is this.... no relevance at all)
    Anurag:Sardar Vallabhai Patel

Interviewer: Why do you want to join Amdocs??
    (A Historical question continuing from my Grand Pa's generation .....prepared already...ofcourse for money & benifits idiot)
    Anurag: Told some Pro's of company over others.....

Interviewer: What are your weakness??
    (Ah...got me....nice trapping question... but no prob's already prepared...so confidently spoke)
    Anurag: I'm work-a-holic....

Interviewer: What Alcoholic......?? (Should be presented award for Crappy joke of the Year ๐Ÿ˜ก)
    Anurag: I mean ...once iam involved in the work...i don't care about outside world....

Interviewer: so how is it a weakness??
    (Hmm Nice question....so thought for a moment.... Dimag ki Batti Jalgayii ๐Ÿ˜›)
    Anurag: It prevents me to maintain good relationship with my teammates and affects ...overall preformance of team....

Interviewer: good.....
    Anurag: (Yahooooo....i scored 10/10.... my job is confirmed....)

Interviewer: thanks for spending your time....
    Anurag: My pleasure sir.....

so later after 1 day of waiting ... i was selected ..and cam out of my college with flying colours.....

fellow CE'ans ...comment on my interview...... thanks
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    Well tomorrow i am having an interview for a company and i have got so much to say over there !!
    Thanks to Mayur sir and "The Big K" !! ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • himabindu
    himabindu
    Hi. Presently iam working in a small company on D2k in Payroll Module.
    I have an experience of around 1 year.
    Now i want to attend for the interview.
    If any one have exp in this path please guide me.
  • mahul
    mahul
    I had one weird experience as well.

This one was a campus interview for IBM. So I comfortably cleared three rounds before I entered the room for the personal interview. As usual the interviewer asked me the standard question I was waiting for, "Tell me something about yourself".

So I said lots of things none of which I had in my CV( I'm not going into the details). I ended it with," I love risks and shortcuts " and the fun began.

All the panel members raised their eyebrows at this. Next they tried to corner me and finally asked me to relate one incident where my risk had paid off. I had already begun to half expect this and so I dug into my brains and came up with one. I told them that I had rejected lots of placement offers like Wipro, ITC, Tech Mahindra, M.N.Datur etc. And I ended saying," That was a huge risk because no other companies were announced back then. But look at it sir, today I would be hired by IBM and there's Samsung and Microsoft comming over as well".

One interviewer asked me why I did not appear for Wipro. I said lots of bad things about Wipro( I really did not care ). After 15 mins of Wipro bashing, the interviewer revealed that he was an ex-Wiproiite. He seemed quite angry and cross questioned me over this furiously. I thought I had flunked.

But they did give me that job at the end of the day.

P.S. Do not attempt this. I got selected only because I had performed exceedingly well in the GD and aptitude test. Anyway, I would not have hired myself had I been in that panel.
  • mahul
    mahul
    OOps, somehow the same stuff got posted twice, My apologies guys!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    One more funinterview.
    PS: As biggie said once, I keep appearing for interviews because I feel its fun. It also keeps me updated and confirms my doubts regarding how industry is run by a lot of stupid people. Anyway, this one comes from my Mayur's blog | Views, Reviews, Critics, Stories, Pictures, Readers and some piece of absolute lovable junk!!!and I'm posting an excerpt here. You can click the above link and read "me and job offers" This one's with CFO of a company called #-Link-Snipped-#.

Quoting a recent experience with a CFO of a mid sized (by their definition) company. Right from the moment he said hello to me, he was down right rude from the word go. He had a problem with me switching jobs. He had a lady who called herself the HR head of company. And then poor fellow me was grilled and stressed, almost coerced to accept that by working in a company for only a year, I behaved in an unethical manner. Because I just gained whatever knowledge I wanted to and moved on. I some how knew all my explanations would fall flat on the table. So I said this, รข€œMr. , forget my ethicsรข€ยฆ you run an off shore software development shop. Are you not stealing jobs of innocent Americans? Is it ethical?รข€ Bingo! The old man was taken aback. It was his turn to explain. He said most of the Americans drop out of college because its a culture there. Hence they donรข€™t get literate resources blah blah! รข€ยฆ And hence we are not doing any thing unethical. I said fine. Now as the interview progressed, we argued on some more things. Then came the time to throw my hot blow. I asked him why couldnรข€™t we Indians build a Firefox or a Chrome. At his explaining best, he told me how we Indians are brought up in a culture which is service oriented. He went on and said that some American geeks conceive the products, write core architecture and send the non core activities to us. Why canรข€™t we do it? because we are not brought up in an environment to think out of the boxรข€ยฆ they are.

Now for the knockout punch: I said Mr you just now said that there is a shortage of brainy resources in America. Now you are saying they develop the product and we provide services because we canรข€™t conceive products. Are you not contradicting yourself? He was pissed offรข€ยฆ and there went my offer letter. [โ€‹IMG]

PS: For the record, I have rejected more jobs than people who rejected me in interviews. I wish some day I find a perfect match.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow! Amazing stuff here!

I'll post my experiences soon, but here's something I remembered -

I was just out of college and appearing for an interview. The interviewer asked -

"Here are nine dots, three on each row. Connect them without lifting your pen off the paper. Do you know the answer?"

[Me:Come on! I know the answer, but I'm an idiot to tell you that I know the answer?]

"No sir, but please let me try. I think I can crack it."

[After about absolutely unnecessary three minutes]-

"Wow, I got it. Please have a look, sir!"

"Wow, very good!"

[Big K gets selected]
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have been reading all the posts in this thread very interesting experiences.
    i will share my experiences here very soon!!

Mayur You are extraordinary , and Big_K you are the best ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I too have attended many interviews to finally settle down in a job.

INFY - I cleared the written exam and in the interview they asked me puzzles i solved and i asked how are puzzles related to work and how an Electrical Engineer could do his best and reach the industry expectations -- well he said we have the confidence in you people thats the reason we hire people.
    I asked then how puzzles are related to actual software--
    He answered he is testing the brain of people, i said you could better ask what the person knows or what he actually read in his Engineering to Grade him.
    I said i solved all the puzzles but may not be good at programming, he is confused and asked me to leave ๐Ÿ˜”

Later I understood dont talk much !! we will not get selected ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Next comes the favorite interview of mine . SATYAM
    I am basically not interested to join this company, it was an offcampus selection- we a group of 20 people went there we had lots of fun in our trip ๐Ÿ˜€

I qualified in written, GD and Technical Interview.
    I am called for HR next --
    She asked few questions tell me about yourself , Final year project etc etc ..i said as i am well prepared in answering those questions.

Then was the actual fun , she asked which company you think the best??
    I said Microsoft..
    She asked can you compare satyam and Microsoft?
    My answer: me smiling said Can you compare Australia team with a team like Bangladesh ?? (till that time Bangladesh didnt win any game aganist AUS)
    In the same way you cant compare these companies.
    She in rage asked then why you came for this interview?
    I answered Microsoft is currently not hiring ๐Ÿ˜‰
    So she said if i give you a job at satyam you will defenitely go to Microsoft if you get offer there!!
    I said I will not join here even if i get ๐Ÿ˜€
    She said please leave and asked do you have any questions?

I asked tell me the truth -- Can you compare Satyam and Microsoft??
    She politely said please leave and i still remember hearing what she said to others --- I need a break of 20 mins will be back .pelase wait ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    English-Scared
    Mayur You are extraordinary , and Big_K you are the best ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks for your good words E-S, but there is nothing extraordinary about getting rejected in interviews because of your prudence and your interviewer's ill fated humor and sense.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes, you are correct about the interviewers.
    but i liked your dare-some answers given there ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    ** Continuing my interviews journey**
    But , then started my real working towards getting jobs , till that time i was having fun ..
    I practised C and became a Master in C , though i am not good at Vocabulary i am fine in communation , so With C and Communication i started my job search again ๐Ÿ˜€

Then i attended Tech- Mahindra and Siemens and got selected ,but i didnt join there as the location is not Hyderabad ๐Ÿ˜€

Then a company named here my favorite company ( i learned this after joining though) is Cognizant.

Freshers joining Cognizant or experienced guys looking to join Cogni , it is the good company and you can have lots of fun and good respect.

And if Freshers preparing for Cognizant then get yourself mastered in C and a bit of DS and dont fill your resume with all the languages known in the Market, just fill it with in which you are good at.

For Cognizant exam -- Be good at maths Aptitude and English vocabulary and correction of sentences .

Cheers!!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    ha! now i know that few people get doubt how i cleared my written exam if that has vocabulary .
    In Vocabulary then gave 10 questions and i know none..
    I just copied 8 questions for a guy sitting next to me ๐Ÿ˜€

dont copy guys ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • himanshpahwa
    himanshpahwa
    That was great..i just felt like i am the interviewee and getting nervous form the inside..

Thanks for sharing..๐Ÿ˜€
  • ankiii555
    ankiii555
    @mayurpathak ..plz share more frm ur xperience !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys.. have you checked your mail lately? Free software licenses (for education & research purposes) from Microsoft.. from around 50 different titles. Such good folks! ๐Ÿ˜› Has anyone got them...
Hi! Am starting a thread on viruses, the most common thing that effect our PCs/laptops almost daily. Lets discuss some common viruses and how to tackle them where our antivirus...
Hi!friends! Can Any One Please Suggest Me A Good Topic For Final Year Mechanical Project.
Via Tech Radar: Swedish-Asian telecommunications vendor VNL has launched a solar powered GSM system it hopes will extend the customer base for mobile phone networks in rural areas. Rural areas...
hai . give sum intrestin topics for paper presentation