Infosys Or Wipro Or TCS Or Cognizant - Starting Your IT Career In 2023

Infosys Or Wipro Or TCS Or Cognizant - Starting Your IT Career In 2023

Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant and several other major IT companies in India like IBM, Accenture and others continue to be the biggest recruiters of engineering talent from campuses and laterally too.

Their recruitment spans not only to Computer Science and IT but these companies have recruited from non computer related engineering branches too including Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Communications and Mining as well. Naturally, getting job in any of these companies continues to be an important priority for several of the engineering students in India. This article provides you an answer to the question that you might have - which of these companies should you start your IT career with?

The Simple Answer:

Your choice needs to be totally, 100% based on the answer to one simple question; that'd very difficult to answer for many of us: What is your aim for your professional life or How do you want your professional career to be? Not many of us have thought of a serious answer to this seemingly easy question. If asked, the most common answer is "To make lot of money" or "I just want to be placed in MNC". That's actually a very shallow answer! Why? Because a few years down the line - it'll be very easy for you to work for an MNC! But it does not tell you what your choice should be!

The Deciding Factors:

Digest this fact: It does *not* matter which of these companies you choose to start your career. If you are 'lucky' you will be offered a project right after your training in these companies which would last for a few initial weeks. The unlucky ones might be put on bench (aka without any project) for few weeks to a few months.

Understanding that the overall impact on your career these companies will have is going to be 'The Same', think of following deciding factors for your decision-

• Salary Package Offered

• Location That You May Get

• Work Culture: Do the employees work in shifts?

• Are you planning to study for PG entrance exams? (CAT, MS, , GMAT, GATE etc.)?

• What domain is being promised to you (many times, it will come as a surprise to you)

• etc.

Base your decision on the factors that are most important to you than worrying which company will be 'better' for your future success. From a fresher's perspective, each of these companies is at the same level!

And like many engineers do - they join these companies at better salary packages after they've gained some experience in the industry and want to 'settle' in life. Not many will agree; because there are a lot of people these days who start their career with these companies and then quit to join startups or start their own businesses.

The Bottom Line: Pick any company. It just doesn't matter.

Updated Answer:

All four companies, Infosys, Wipro, TCS (Tata Consultancy Services), and Cognizant, are major players in the IT industry and have their own unique strengths and opportunities. The choice of which company is better for starting a career depends on several factors, including personal preferences, career goals, and the specific opportunities each company offers. Here is a brief overview of each company:

1. Infosys: Infosys is one of the largest IT services and consulting companies in India. It has a global presence and offers a wide range of services in areas such as application development, technology consulting, and business process outsourcing. Infosys is known for its strong emphasis on learning and development, employee-friendly work culture, and its commitment to innovation.

2. Wipro: Wipro is another prominent Indian IT services company that provides a range of services including IT consulting, application development, infrastructure management, and business process outsourcing. Wipro has a diverse client base and focuses on delivering value to its customers through technology-driven solutions. The company has a strong reputation for its ethical practices and commitment to sustainability.

3. TCS (Tata Consultancy Services): TCS is the largest IT services company in India and one of the top global IT consulting firms. It offers services in areas such as software development, consulting, and business solutions. TCS has a robust training and development program and provides opportunities to work on challenging projects for prestigious clients. The company is known for its stability, strong corporate culture, and extensive global presence.

4. Cognizant: Cognizant is a multinational IT services and consulting company headquartered in the United States. It offers services in areas such as digital solutions, technology consulting, and outsourcing. Cognizant has a strong focus on digital transformation and emerging technologies. The company provides a collaborative work environment, encourages innovation, and offers opportunities to work with leading companies across various industries.

Ultimately, the best company to start your career depends on your individual preferences and career aspirations. It is advisable to research each company thoroughly, consider factors such as work culture, learning opportunities, career growth prospects, and alignment with your career goals.

Additionally, you can also consider factors like location preferences, compensation, and benefits when making your decision. It can also be helpful to seek advice from current or former employees of these companies to gain further insights.

Replies

• Aniket_tester
    Aniket_tester
    Hello,
    I got placed in Infosys BPO. I am MSc Comp Sci. and now I have completed 2.4 yrs in company. I got to work in support domain mostly in SharePoint. Now I am trying to switch to Testing domain as suggested by one experienced person. I have done certificate course in manual n autimation testing and really looking for new job now.
    Please let me know if this is correct/wrong decision and how to prove it correct ???? 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - welcome to CrazyEngineers. There are no right or wrong decisions. You seem to be on the right track with your career. I'm making an assumption that you made a conscious decision to opt for testing and not blindly relied on the advice given to you by 'one experienced person'. How do you prove your decision correct? It's easy - start loving software testing and work your ass off to make yourself the best QA engineer anyone can find. It's going to involve lot of hard work.

Wishing you all the best with your job hunt. Try to build some experience by working on freelance projects or smaller companies. Once you've built some experience getting into Infosys, Wipro, TCS or Cognizant would be a cakewalk. I hope this answers your question.
  • IT made me Stressed
    IT made me Stressed
    im_suresh, residing in coimbatore. am pursuing my BE civil. i have attended ZOHO recruitment process and i passed the 1st round but not to 2nd. now i got a mail from zoho to attend extended interview process in which i am asked to complete html,css and js within two days. after that, they will evaluate me to test my potential to be retained in ZOHO. from the first day, i feel stressed up. being a civil engg, in can not adopt to the atmosphere. should i resist it or shall i walk out of ZOHO of my own and looking for new one?
  • arjunrey94
    arjunrey94
    As a fresher who wants a career in Networking which company one should join ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    arjunrey94
    As a fresher who wants a career in Networking which company one should join ?
    The first post in this discussion should answer your question. These companies basically are 'service' oriented, which means they will offer services to the projects that come their way. You will find work in the networking domain in most of the top IT companies; but whether you will be put to work in any relevant project depends on several factors.

It would certainly help if you get a certification course in networking so that your chances of getting a networking project are better over others.
  • arjunrey94
    arjunrey94
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The first post in this discussion should answer your question. These companies basically are 'service' oriented, which means they will offer services to the projects that come their way. You will find work in the networking domain in most of the top IT companies; but whether you will be put to work in any relevant project depends on several factors.

It would certainly help if you get a certification course in networking so that your chances of getting a networking project are better over others.
    Thanks for the suggestion Kaustubh , thats an excellent response, I can get the certs from these companies and progress in my track. Still I need a pick out of these three Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro, I had really appreciated it if you pick up any provided I want company with good networking related projects and rest of the merits and demerits of these companies you must be aware of. So if you were me where you would have gone. Kindly pick one any one. !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You should get the certifications in the domain of your interest. If it's networking, then opt for the top certifications in the networking domain.

It's really difficult to compare the companies. We can only talk specifics which will be applicable to all the companies equally. Pick up the company that you think offers you the best deal - in terms of work, location, package, training etc. You can always switch to other company after getting some experience.
  • Chetan P
    Chetan P
    I m selected in Wipro and Accenture, both are of same package and same bond, and i am a fresher , which one should I chooseeee????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Chetan P
    I m selected in Wipro and Accenture, both are of same package and same bond, and i am a fresher , which one should I chooseeee????
    Please read the first post in this discussion. That's the answer to your question. 😀
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande

Well, I had an opportunity to work with one of these major company in India i.e Cognizant. I must say it is one of the best company to work with.

As a fresher I  worked with T-Systems(India) which is a global IT services and consulting company in Germany. The Indian branch was then taken over by Cognizant in 2008. Thus I was ultimately became employee of CTS.

CTS  follow very open working culture with wide range of project domains. Everyone in CTS gets opportunity to work with number of project if he wants.

At same time one of my friend got in TCS which is also a great company to work with. She was also in good domain and had opportunity to go onsite with TCS. 

We used to have discussions on which company is better we found that both are equally good and it just doesn't matter in longer run.

These giants have more or same rule and regulations. 

It just makes no big difference if you belong to TCS or CTS or any other major IT company. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers across the globe are busy finding ways of generating green energy that can be used to charge our electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets and notebooks. In a recent...
EFY a leading electronics magazine picks up news and Image from CE. https://www.crazyengineers.com/threa...texture-size-that-you-can-actually-eat.75002/ Snapshot from July2014 issue.
Atmel is running one great embedded design contest for students in India. Please visit https://www.atmel.in/About/corporate/University/india.aspx for more information. This PDF has some more detailed information about the contest :- https://www.atmel.com/images/Atmel_University_India-Design_Contest.pdf...
Scientists of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) are developing a sensor which can be easily connected to the smartphones that will measure the levels of pollutants suspended in the air....
If the title makes you remember T-1000, the antagonist of the sci-fi movie Terminator 2: Judgement Day, you aren't alone. Made of liquid, T-1000 was able to squeeze itself into...