Infosys Employees Get iPhone 6. What About You?

Economic Times has reported that Infosys has given 3000 of their employees an iPhone 6; the ones who've performed extremely well. These employees come from various verticals and Infosys office locations. The iPhone 6 was given was a holiday bonus to these employees along with a letter signed by new Infy CEO, Mr. Vishal Sikka. That's kind of awesome thing and certainly shows that Infosys's finding out newer ways to reward their top performing employees. I'm curious to know if any of you got a similar gift from your company - but before that, have you performed 'exceptionally well'?

According to the report in ET, there was no formal communication and no one knows who are the top performers because the consolidated relative ranking (CRR) haven't been informed to the employees. This could be one of the moves of Sikka to check the attrition in the company which was almost 20%+ in the last quarter.

There were rumors that Sikka was considering full access to social networking sites in the offices to all the employees. I doubt he's already done that - but certainly Sikka's trying out new things to engage with employees. I remember back in 2003 or 2002; Cognizant had offered its employees a choice of iPod, a music system and something similar as bonus.

Or maybe Sikka's making sure that the top ranking employees now have no excuse to not pick up the phone at midnight 😉

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm curious to know if any of you got a similar gift from your company - but before that, have you performed 'exceptionally well'?
    Customer satisfaction index (CSI) is a way to know how team is performing in IT firms. After all, it is the customer who should be happy with the deliverable. My team is getting 100 percent CSI since three consecutive quarter. When we received the CSI sheet fir the first time, We forwarded the mail to our higher management keeping our immediate manager in loop. Responding to that mail, project owner asks my manager to upload the mail in their portal! Not a single mail after that! There is a term "Appreciation" whose influence and importance some people does not know. Performing exceptionally well only, does not make sure there will be rewards. It the attitude of the managements how to deal when your team is working good. Infosys's efforts should really be appreciated.

It feels very nice when you appreciate someone for their efforts (you can feel it seeing their smiling faces 😀 ) and I always appreciate the services provided by various firms if I find them awesome (No matter I pay for the service or not). Appreciation in any form is a booster to performance, happiness, satisfaction and overall working atmosphere!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am happy with the CrazyEngineers branded notepad. 😁 What about you people?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore is conducting its Annual Science, Technology and Cultural Festival - Pravega from 30th January 2015 - 1st February 2015. Competitions organized in association MICROSOFT,...
Lenovo has finally rolled up its sleeves and entered the battlefield as it hopes to silence the crowds demanding more features for less price. With the all new Lenovo A6000...
Interesting Infographic from Washington Post. Quote: Jack Hagley, a London-based infographic designer, has produced a chart laying out a whole range of global data, arranged on a simple premise: what...
One of the most frequently asked question, typically in HR interview is straightforward: "Tell Me About Yourself". Almost all the HR interviews I've faced and have been a part of...
Air Vistara has began operations in India and I'm looking for travel experiences from those who've traveled using Air Vistara. I tried loading their website to make a booking and...