information on file compression,

i need some help for file compression, actually we are having project in c, so may i get the algorithm of file compression in c....plz help...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    poojasd
    i need some help for file compression, actually we are having project in c, so may i get the algorithm of file compression in c....plz help...
    Have you tried coding the algorithm on your own?If yes, share it with us so that we can help you rectify the errors or help you solve the problems you're facing.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Do you want to go with Lossless??
  • Leo
    Leo
    Hi Pooja, LZMA is one of the most used compression algorithm, goole for it and you will get its algorithm since every free compression tool provide this type of compression. Other compression algorithm that you can use is LZ77. And there is one algorithm which replaces every occurrence of similar bits and then remembering those places, by the way i don't remember its name. But you have wide choices just google it, compression algorithms are easy to find.Happy Computing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello to my friends.. i just want to know that when a ceiling fan runs it circulates the air arround it downward. so how we calculate the the velocity of...
what kind of modulation are adopted in bluetooth technology?
The Great Place To Work website has released a list of top companies to work for in India - 1 Google India Pvt. Ltd. 1259 employees Google Industry: Information Technology...
wat is CE all about??
i need to work on blender as our mini project, may i get some technical topics which can be shown in 3d, as m new to animation, i need an...