Information: Hidden feature of OS/Software is called Easter Egg!

I think you are all heard this word.The hidden feature of the operating system or the software is called easter egg...

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Re: Easter eggs

I did not understand .Could you elaborate?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Re: Easter eggs OS/Software

durga
    I did not understand .Could you elaborate?
    Now I tell it clearly.The hidden feature of os/software is called as easter egg.
    I think you have seen the thread, which deals with the freeingup the memory when the firefox is minimized.The Amazing Easter Egg it is, in my point of view
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey ms_cs,

Is there any way of knowing about any hidden features of OS or any software by anyone individually without others knowledge ?
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    nice information ms_Cs..... but can't get your example clearly... can yo tell us some other examples please.
  • losttvseries
    losttvseries
    elaborate? lol
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Before telling the example, I ask you one question guys.Just try to create the folder , with name con..and tell the way to me please...
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    For example, open the game Solitaire (Not Spider Solitaire) and press: ALT+SHIFT+2
    Result: you win...This is one of the example of the easter egg...
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    In Microsoft’s Windows operating systems like Windows XP or in Vista we cant create folders with names CON, PRN, AUX, CLOCK$, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, and LPT9 directly from GUI. This is because, DOS device names are reserved words, and cannot be used as folder or file names.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Easter eggs are fun, but I think the novelty is wearing off now. Games have a lot of those! Though.. the last easter egg I came across was at the end of Quake II.
  • gohm
    gohm
    never quite understood them. Who has the time to press buttons at random to try and find something that may not be there?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    If you knows the some other tricks in computers or like easter eggs...post it here...
    It will be more interesting...
  • electron1212
    electron1212
    This is how you get it to work

Open up Notepad
    Type in .LOG and then save (any filename)
    Close Notepad
    Open up Notepad again
    Go to file and open the previous file
    It should display the time..enjoy
  • electron1212
    electron1212
    1.) Open an empty notepad file.
    2.) Type "Bush hid the facts" (without the quotes)
    3.) Save it with any file name with as .TXT file.
    4.) Close it, and re-open it.

ITS TRULY HIDDEN!!! 😁
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @electron1212 Sir, both are amazing features 😀. Kindly explain the reason behind its working. 😉
  • electron1212
    electron1212
    shalini_goel14
    @electron1212 Sir, both are amazing features 😀. Kindly explain the reason behind its working. 😉
    well i don't know the reason. But i think creater of these softwares make some shortcuts for doing specific things and we call these tricks as Easter Eggs.

And please don't call me sir, i am following your threads like fun with java, programming etc etc rather i should start calling you as a teacher.;-)
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Amazing Post,,,,#-Link-Snipped-#
    May I know your Name
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    As for the second thingy about "Bush hid the facts", it has to do with encoding. Notepad uses unicode character encoding and there's some problem with that.. I dont know the specifics, but the encoding is the reason..
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    #-Link-Snipped-#

How can we know about these easter eggs in softwares..Is there any other way to know about that?

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For each process there is a unique id will be genrated by the process. I want to know about the process that is generating that id in unix or linux.....
Hi all... After a long gap i am back to this forum 😀 . I was busy with my exams and other works. I think some of CE'ans read my...
HELO FRIENDS I AM THIRD YEAR ENG. STUDENT AND I AM WORKING ON IMAGE COMPRESSION AND FOR THE SAME I WANT TO CAPTURE A IMAGE FROM A CAMERA AND STORE...
hii i am doing B.E and i wanted to do a project in inian airlines . can any one tell me if indian airlines have got any projects for students????
BASIC SOCKET PROGRAMMING IN JAVA Client/Server A server is anything that has some resources that can be shared. A client is simply any other entity that wants to gain access...