Industrial Engineering WorkShop - PSG Tech

[​IMG]

Do you know Apples’ CEO Tim Cook is an Industrial Engineer?

How to Do Things better? – That’s all what Industrial Engineering teaches you!

Industrial Engineering is Techno Managerial Field. It deals with the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, materials and the ability to use the engineering process to specify, predict, and evaluate the results obtained from the systems or processes industrial engineers create.

Industrial Engineering Concepts Workshops targeted towards Undergraduates from Mechanical, Electrical and Computer Sciences will feature live activities across a broad spectrum of industrial-engineering-related areas from Manufacturing Workplace to IT Cubicle in your workspace. These activities range from manufacturing (designing and making products) to IT Solutions (Enterprise Resource Solutions such as SAP). The workshop emphasizes creativity and hands-on activities overlaid with an understanding of how products and services are delivered in our global economy.

What i will learn here?

Through interactive discussions, industrial cases and practice sessions, participants will be able to realize the following benefits.
  • Appreciate how important industrial engineering is to bring about changes in various business processes.
  • Understand the essentials of industrial engineering concepts in relation to manufacturing and service industries.
  • Develop skills to manage change with individual and group specific tools of industrial engineering.
  • Develop managerial perspectives of various business processes and industrial engineering in terms of its concepts, principles, approaches, methodologies and tools.
  • Knowledge of the various methodologies and tools which can be used in : Men, Material, Equipment etc., ; Performance management –Cost, Time, Productivity, Quality, Reliability etc., ; Change management – BPR, Value Engineering, KAIZEN, 5S, Process mapping, Value stream management, Lean systems ; Decision Supports - Optimization and Simulation ; Enterprise Solutions such as ERP, SCM, CRM, PLM etc.,

What is this workshop focused on?

This workshop will cover important issues related to What, Why, When and How of industrial Engineering. The participants will be trained to understand the nuances of productivity and change management, use the TOOLS of industrial engineering appropriately at various situations and to manage even complex business processes successfully in their organizations.

Their confidence will be enhanced through interactive sessions comprising of exercises and cases and also by exposing them to different success stories. The workshop will address issues related to how to map the scope and applicability of the concepts of industrial engineering in manufacturing, IT services and the other business processes in order to reduce cost, improve quality, enhance delivery reliability and improve all round business performance. The workshop will also cover issues related managing risks and yield in various business functions with the help of the tools of industrial engineering.

Who can attend this?

If you love to manage your things around your workplace then it’s for you.
This workshop will suitable for Undergraduates from any stream. Industrial Engineering is not only concerned for Mechanical and Computer Streams.

How can I attend this workshop?
  • Register through online in Kriya Portal and Send your DD within 3 days from the date of registration and #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Workshop Fee is Rs.300 per person. Limited to One Hundred SEATS Only!
  • Strictly, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS!
  • Certificates will be provided to those who attend this workshop!

DD must be paid in Advance on favour of “IIIE PSG Tech” payable at Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu for Registrations.

Please write your Name, Department and Contact Number and attach in a Separate Sheet with the DD you are mailing!

Address for Mailing your DD’s

Prasanth A S,

Assistant Professor,
Dept of Mechanical Engineering,
PSG College of Technology,
Coimbatore - 641004

Information

Email: #-Link-Snipped-#
Web: #-Link-Snipped-#
Phone – 9688479787, 9840130969

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was tagging a CEan in post & error like this popped : What can be the reason ?
CEans, Tagging functionality is getting an overhaul and may not be available for the next few hours. We're making significant changes today to the 'back-end' part of CE so that...
Hi I want to cut H13 die steel through Abrasive water jet machine. Please tell me which Heat treatment process is required on H13 before cut and what will be...
Hello All, The requirement of my client is to upload the shows on the youtube and its related video should come nearby. You will be more clear if your visit...
hiiiiiiiii friends...., i m interested in research field so i decided to learn the basics in detail;.so plz guide me a best book ......