Indication of 1144 number in 1144 stress proof steel

what does 1144 number mean in 1144 stress proof steel. Does it(1144) defines composition ?
Thank you.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    To paraphrase Shakespeare: "What's in a number? A steel by any number is still a steel." No specific connotation to that number. It is an AISI designation like AISI 304 SS.
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    A.V.Ramani
    To paraphrase Shakespeare: "What's in a number? A steel by any number is still a steel." No specific connotation to that number. It is an AISI designation like AISI 304 SS.
    midwestmetalwarehouse.com
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Stressproof was initially a trade name. Now became general.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Oppo Mobiles has launched a new smartphone in the India market that takes forward their ‘Camera Phone’ tagline. The Oppo F3 was launched at glittering press event a few moments...
Facebook is going straight ahead towards its goal of bringing more people online with various programs under its internet.org scheme, specifically aimed at developing and under developed nations. Facebook’s Express...
Hello Guys! I m Sourav Kumar and I got 9.4CGPA in 10th standard bt unfortunetly in 12th somehow I manage with 53.6%,recent I m pursuing my engineering in 3rd Year...
Ajit Paigrahi grew up in a middle-class family with both his parents working Government jobs and was sent to boarding school at a very young age. At boarding school, he...
This video is about making a snake out of paper. The style of paper folding and structure building shown in this video is called "3D Origami" if you wish to...