India's world of jugaad engineering innovations

Jugaad has become a buzz word. It has also drawn a lot of flak from established industries as a corner cutting exercise.

Here is an interesting article on this amazing world of crazy (albeit appropriate) engineering:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was fortunate to have the chance to listen to Mr. Hasmukh (MittiCool) and see his products in person. I also quite like the tree climber! I wonder why don't such innovations come out of our engineering colleges.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was fortunate to have the chance to listen to Mr. Hasmukh (MittiCool) and see his products in person. I also quite like the tree climber! I wonder why don't such innovations come out of our engineering colleges.
    Must be because our engineering teaching is far from reality and deals with dry theory. Even in that concepts are never ingrained into the students.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

All of us know that jobs have become very less now a days and all the companies are very cautious of hiring numbers. With this scenario in mind, what does...
A printed robot named STAR developed by students at Berkley is flexible enough to flatten itself to pass through doorways and raises its arms to climb over obstacles. Impressive, isn't...
In a recent post shown according to Google's Android developer dashboard page, Jelly Bean is noticed to be present in around 40% of the Android devices all over the world...
DEFCON is an annual event which takes place in Las Vegas around last week of July or first week of August. It is a paradise for hackers, security experts, tech...
My teacher was telling sustainable development is development Where I get to enjoy the privileges my parents did in addition to the comfort of the current day technology Is this...