Indian Rupee Symbol Added In Unicode 6.0.0

Indian Rupee Symbol has been added to Unicode Version 6.0.0 -

As mentioned here - Unicode 6.0.0

Version 6.0.0 -

1. adds 2,088 characters, including
  2. over 1,000 additional symbols—chief among them the additional emoji symbols, which are especially important for mobile phones
  3. the new official Indian currency symbol: the Indian Rupee Sign
  4. 222 additional CJK Unified Ideographs in common use in China, Taiwan, and Japan
  5. 603 additional characters for African language support, including extensions to the Tifinagh, Ethiopic, and Bamum scripts
  6. three additional scripts: Mandaic, Batak, and Brahmi

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello guys, i am cyrrently working of software designed radio and i got stuck while installing my USRP. i had already installed the gnu radio 3.3 varsion and currently i...
hey ppl, i need help for my final year project. basically, we are doing a open parking lot, powered by solar panel and batteries. we have IR transmitter and receiver...
Once in a while we come up with questions, where we want to find difference between 2 or more things. We sometimes want a systematic point-to-point difference and at the...
CEans, We are planning to run competitions throughout the end of this year and we need competition ideas. We'll run all the competitions online and every member should be able...
brothers I have chosen a project related to ajax.The topic is USE AJAX TO PREVENT REPEAT FORM SUBMISSION, Can somebody tell me how to proceed with.Just now learned php and...