Indian Kids Spend 1 Hour 7 Minutes Daily On Facebook

Study conducted by Ericsson ConsumerLab shows that an average of 1 hour and 7 minutes are spent by the Generation z [youngsters between 9 - 18 ] on Facebook. Approximately 40% of the this time is spent via mobile device. The study also finds that the younger ones tend to copy the behavior of the 16-18 year old when it comes to the usage of digital devices. One of the most common usage of Facebook involves venting out frustration against the services and a large portion of the users expect their questions to the service providers (various) should be answered quickly via the social media.

Infographic: #-Link-Snipped-#

I'm curious to know how much time do CEans spend on social networking on daily basis. Think for a moment before you post your response because you might be actually spending a lot more than you think you do. Consider mobile+desktop usage and also what's your opinion on this news?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    But pls do define the word spend many just log in to their accounts and let it go idle that cannot mean they spent time in FB right
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jeffrey samuel
    But pls do define the word spend many just log in to their accounts and let it go idle that cannot mean they spent time in FB right
    Well, the study isn't mine and I'm hope they aren't counting idle time. I think they've actually questioned people and came up with the results.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I use facebook only in between, morning, afternoon, evening, and night. I don't mind the time. But I make maximum positive use of it.

Lots of Kids idle away time on FB. Could CE create a FB app to actually get kids interested in Engineering and Technology?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just wondering whether anyone among CEans have bought the iPhone 5. There've been rumors that the phone got sold out on the very first day of the launch. But it...
Chinese computer maker Lenovo has become the worlds #1 laptop maker in the world. Contrary to the belief that the PC market is dying, Lenovo has proved the trend wrong....
Absolute Zero: The moments of irony in an engineering college. Another one of those delicious moments -
The brain may be misled and end up delivering wrong decisions when rushed. A more deliberate pace seems to lead to better decisions. This appears to go against the popular...
Can a battery be charged by more than one source, such as a couple of generators or solar panels ? what happens if a battery is overcharged ? does it...