Indian IT Engineers To Get Faster US Green Card

Those Indian IT engineers who are dreaming of settling down in the US in an IT job may rejoice. The US house has cleared faster processing of Visas especially for the Indian IT engineers. This move may see lot of Indian software engineers applying for green card in the US. As per the rule, no single country can have more than 7% of the total number of green cards. Under current situation, a typical software engineer from India has to wait for about 10 years to get the green card.

What do software engineers think about this move by the US Government? Would you prefer settling in the US under current economic situation? Share your opinion ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Personally I will say big time NO to that.
    It will allow Indian brains to drain out further more. Till now, atleast we had some hope that IT folks who spend 5+ years may come back if they will not get the green card; but this law will reduce those hopes as well.

Going US and working there for an year or so is fine; as sometime it may be requirement of company / project.
    But settling there is purely person's wish. ๐Ÿ˜”

-CB
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ๐Ÿ‘€ US wants to keep all the Indian cheap talent?

Indian software companies & other industries should try to control this alarming ( ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ) situation and give the engineers some solid reason to stay back!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Our friend Punch_a_Tantra is celebrating his birthday today. ๐ŸŽ‰ Let us wish him to have a blast ๐Ÿ˜› Many many happy returns of the day Patty! ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰
Hi folks, This is haree here and i am from calefornia doing civil engineering. So man as you know i am new on this site and i believe that we...
www.kaamyabi.com is an interesting startup that operates from Bangalore and aims to connect students with the recruiters. The main motto behind the startup seems to be giving an option to...
Kolaveri Di song is now available on Android. Indelible Techologies has released an app for the song that lets you enjoy the song anywhere. The app features various people attempting...
The debate is ages old; but reinvigorated to seek opinions from our talented engineers. I'm sometimes very surprised to see engineers 'confused' about opting for higher education. The most common...