Indian Government Spends Rs. 25,000 Crore On Buying War Planes From Russia

...and that makes me wonder why Indian government can't spend all of that money in manufacturing defence equipment on its own? What does DRDO really do? Is it not just another scam that country's spending so much of money in 'buying' from others and not on becoming self-reliant with the defence?

Tomorrow, if Russia attacks India - they'll have an upper hand because they'll know *everything* about the kind of stuff we have.

Does India not believe in its own engineers to research and develop defence systems? What's your take?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Most of our Defence devices are borrowed from other countries making Indian defence to have a lot of loop holes I wonder is there any research sites to develop indigenous research facility for India exists
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Conqueror
    Most of our Defence devices are borrowed from other countries making Indian defence to have a lot of loop holes I wonder is there any research sites to develop indigenous research facility for India exists
    Not only borrowed, but borrowed what they are about to discard due to the things being outdated. Those things comes here as a "NEW TECHNOLOGY".

No comments on government employees including the Engineers. They just put all their efforts in clearing the exam. It seems they are already saturated for life after it, hence they just live a pleasant "government employee" life.

Dunno, when India will move on from papers to practical. That actually will be more productive. At least, we'll save trees (these papers don't worth) and public's money which goes in paying these dumbarse if not more.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    ...and that makes me wonder why Indian government can't spend all of that money in manufacturing defence equipment on its own? What does DRDO really do? Is it not just another scam that country's spending so much of money in 'buying' from others and not on becoming self-reliant with the defence?

Tomorrow, if Russia attacks India - they'll have an upper hand because they'll know *everything* about the kind of stuff we have.

Does India not believe in its own engineers to research and develop defence systems? What's your take?
    perhaps that is because of sanctions imposed on us after Pokhran II. Government is not bad every time. But yes, like Iran we should also have our own defense program lest it should endanger peace of region.

The process should start with developing our own CNC machines. As far as I am aware, the rest of the world has 11Axis CNC machines while we have just one 8 axis machine. Defense program begin with building a sustainable weapon manufacturing base compatible with modern warfare of DRDO.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bats are the only mammals that fly. They fly long distances. They do not have feathers and must have had a quite a bit of learning before achieving flight. There...
Founder of PepperSquare, Muki delivered a wonderful speech on entrepreneurship, which I believe is a must listen for every entrepreneur and wannapreneur. It's full of general stuff so even if...
can anyone tell me ebook download links of books for gate 2013 CS ??
i taught of doing hho(hydroxy) engine generator as my project! please suggest me, is it good or i should think better from that thanks in advance
My friend KGR Doss put this up: Trivia - Trains and Toilets Always Speak up Okhil Babu's letter to the Railway Department(early 1900s - Imagine a Bangla accent)​​“I am arrive...