Indian Engineering News - Why It's So Rare?

I realized that most of the engineering news that we discuss or cover through various channels here on CrazyEngineers are either from the West or from the Eastern countries. I seldom find any advancement in engineering and technology, worth covering that's from India.

What could be the reason?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yeah, its very discouraging. I guess Indian students don't have much inspiration here. We all lead by example.
    In a batch of 80 students that pass out every year in our college in 10 different branches, we don't have a single project that could be implemented in real life. This is because the projects are either bought from the market or 4-5 different modules of projects are downloaded from the internet, combined and then submitted. So, they lack the potential of being successful if brought as a product in market.

If engineering students don't make engineering news in India, who else will?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Moreover, the students now-a-days lack creativity and they just need marks. I have a good friend of mine, who is really good in acads. Scores minimum 85% and has got the project from a project centre and didn't even mind to know what is in!

No less to say about my professors. He's very particular about students solving the Unsolved / Unimplemented IEEE Papers and they are supposed to be the latest stuff. Students are not even able to understand what our syllabus is and will they be solving research stuffs, which are yet to be discovered and discontinued due to not enough efforts?

Marking System in our college is also really funny. Those who are in the top 10 ranks in the acads will be scoring 200 / 200 in projects, blindly! What's happening with this kind of education system? My project was my own, each and every code typed manually by hand. The whole project is a concept of connecting the researchers and academicians. But end result was that, I didn't give the correct indentation (1" instead I gave 0.5") and alignment. Well, I don't want to explain for this atleast. They have reduced 5 marks for these two mistakes, and for my friend, who knows nothing, has got 200! 😔 Where is the education system going?
  • buzzparas
    buzzparas
    @ankita..advancements are in full swing , the only factor is people are not revealing it out.

iitian doesnt find it suitable place because of ego problem.
    private students doesnt have anything to share , because this thing hardly matters to them.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @buzz: May be you are right.
    What do you mean by this line?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    buzzparas
    @ankita..advancements are in full swing , the only factor is people are not revealing it out.

private students doesnt have anything to share , because this thing hardly matters to them.
    I doubt it. I also see problems with India's total dependence on IITs for engineering advancements. I've not heard any spectacular engineering news from any of the IITs for a while. I've already began believing that Indian Engineering is all about serving the foreign multinationals.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    90 percent people are studying in IIT's because to get fat paying jobs , nothing else. So we cannot expect any engineering advancement!

There are many dependencies, there is mistake of students no doubt about it! but here comes the dependency of
    1. Reservation System
    2. Education System
    3. *no risk good kid* society!

I think I am going out of the way of the post, but the above said reasons are again the problems for any thing called advancements!

a small example: If a middle class student want to try out of box (so called again) project, then he may or may not get good marks which effects his grade and his placement! so I never know where this head up though!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Irony.

I just came across an article in newspaper which reads that a group of MECH students from JAIN university have built RC aircrafts , which can be dissembled to forma suitcase and then reassembled in less than 180secs !!. They are going to display the unique design at one of the Aero exhibitions in US and one of the judges is NASA.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was looking at the biggest ships in the world and stumbled upon RMS Queen Mary 2, MS Oasis of the Seas and many other ships. Ship building is one...
Let's start building groups again. All CEans who've been recruited in TCS either through walk-ins or campus recruitments, please unite here. Let's form a group of all TCS joiners. Starting...
This thread is for all the freshers who've gotten offer letters from Infosys. Share your story and also tell us which center you're joining for the initial training. Let's connect...
This thread is for all the freshers who've gotten offer letters from Persistent. Share your story and also tell us which center you're joining for the initial training. Let's connect...
This thread is for all the freshers who've gotten offer letters from Tech Mahindra (TechM). Share your story and also tell us which center you're joining for the initial training....