Indian Android developers can sell paid apps in Google Play store

Until now, it was not officially possible for Indian Android developers to sell their paid apps in the Google Play store. However, with a recent announcement on their blog, Google has enabled the 'sellers' program to the android developers from India. Google says that the growth of android has been phenomenal in India and has jumped by about four hundred percent in the last year. It's also important to note that in the last year, downloads from India on the play store was more than all the previous years combined. Thanks to the lowering prices of android installed phones that more Indians are adopting the operating system.

Google says that starting 18 October 2012, the android devs in India will be able to list and sell their apps through the play store. The developers will be able to receive their monthly payouts directly in their associated bank accounts. The developers will be able to take the advantage of the special tools developed by Google for to monetize their creations. I am quite sure there will be lot of crazy engineers who'll jump on to this opportunity. I expect a rise in the startups that will build businesses around the app development.

In order to list your app in the Google play store, the developers will have to sign up to the Google Developer Console: #-Link-Snipped-# and fill up the form. You'll also have to create your Google Checkout Merchant Account so that you can receive payments directly from Google. You can list your new apps as 'paid' or even offer in-app subscriptions for a price. Of course you can choose any currency of your choice; but it'd be better to list them in the currency of the country from where you expect your traffic. Google's sophisticated reporting tools will show your financial statistics in the currency of your country.

In addition to seller support, Google says that they're adding the buyer's currency support as well. The developers are advised to log on to the Developer consoles immediately and list their items in INR as soon as possible.

Those who have experiences, views, ideas and opinions to share about this move from Google, please feel free to express yourselves in this discussion.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Thats a great news....
    Few days ago India was added to paid app category but removed later.
    Its a great news for Indian developers and better scope for android community in India.
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    that is a good news.
    thx the_big_k
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That looks like a very welcome move by google. The app developer community in India must be rejoicing. I am sure Indian Android developers will be be more tempted to sell and buy apps when they see transfer cost rupees instead of dollars. 👍
    Now, Android users can look forward to some good India-Specific apps on the Play Store. Any suggestions for such app ideas, CEans?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am doing my B.E. mechanical engineering ....... how should we learnt the basics ? how it help to me duriing my work?
The popular media player VLC has released VLC 2.0.4 with the much awaited opus code support. According to the release notes, the latest update brings a number of fixes and...
Microsoft is all set to shake the world with Windows 8 operating system release along with it's own rival to the iPad, Samsung tablets and the Kindle fire called the...
By now, the news must've reached every gadget freak here that Samsung and Google have launched the new ultra-slim Chromebook. It will run on an operating system revolving around Google’s...
Here's a thread dedicated to the 'full form' of the most common abbreviations used in daily life and in professional world. I'm quite sure, over a period of time, it...