India Vision 2020 Discussions

Not sure if this is official website:

The site lists Dr. Kalam's vision 2020 for India:

• Agriculture and food processing -- with a target of doubling the present production of food and agricultural products by 2020. Agro food processing industry would lead to the prosperity of rural people, food security and speed up the economic growth;

• Infrastructure with reliable and quality electric power including solar farming for all parts of the country, providing urban amenities in rural areas and interlinking of rivers;

• Education and Healthcare: To provide social security and eradication of illiteracy and health for all;

• Information and Communication Technology: This is one of our core competencies and wealth generator. ICT can be used for tele-education, tele-medicine and e-governance to promote education in remote areas, healthcare and also transparency in the administration; and

• Critical technologies and strategic industries witnessed the growth in nuclear technology, space technology and defence technology”.

I'd like to know what our engineers from India think about Vision 2020 and answer following questions -

1. What are your own views about India Vision 2020?
2. Do you think enough steps, actions being taken towards realizing the vision?
3. How are you contributing to making it a great success?

...and any other thoughts.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, CE is a great place to get answers to most of the questions engineering students face. Till now, we haven't been involved in any kind of active advertisements, marketing...
What do you think? Is the world already out of the economic recession?
The question paper pattern of Gate is changed this year. I am a student of civil engineering. So suggest the source of gate practice papers.
I have to run 200 concurrent users from two JMeter Slaves (100 threads from each) such that 200 users first do login simultaneously, after completing login, all 200 users should...
Hello everybody! Henry Coles here.. I'm new to this forums. Hope to have a wonderful stay here. 😁