India #2 Country On Facebook After The USA

India has dethroned Indonesia and became the #2 country on Facebook with over 43 million users. But that's just 3% of the total number of Indians hooked to the Internet. Here's an interesting stat -
facebook-countries

Replies

• born_star16
    born_star16
    I think very soon it will decrease as Facebook and Google have removed objectionable content and will monitor in future.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    born_star16
    I think very soon it will decrease as Facebook and Google have removed objectionable content and will monitor in future.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Indians aren't typically the content creators - a class very important for any website (social network or say content focused) to succeed. That might just create problems for Facebook. It's important to note that the penetration is very very less as compared to other countries. <4% !
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Increase in facebook user is because of low priced Smart phone (specially samsung with android) and cheap data rate, also Airtel and few other network providers are offering free facebook.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    Increase in facebook user is because of low priced Smart phone (specially samsung with android) and cheap data rate, also Airtel and few other network providers are offering free facebook.
    Yeah, that's a good point. Even those unaware of Facebook got logged on 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Naukri.com is India's leading website for job hunt and the company has recently launched apps for the popular mobile platforms including ios & android along with blackberry. Now you can...
If you wish to track your consignments being delivered through Indian courier services viz. BlueDart, First Flight, DTDC, Aramex, Professional, TNT using Waybill or CN number, you can do so...
Any body can help me? how can di stearad amid formed in the refrigeration system? What the source of material can be make di stearad amid.....because this material clogged the...
I’ve always seen news and also the law about the copyright. Do you think is necessary to use copyrighted software?
can anyone oef u tell me what was the myth related to Y2K virus and what kind of virus it was?