Increasing Efficiency of Diesel Engine

I heard a person say that if some vegetable oil is added to diesel while filling the fuel tank then the efficiency of the engine increases.
I confess, this piece of information is new to me. I would like some help to understand that if this is so then why. And if not, then why is it not possible.
Thanking all of you in advance.

Replies

• dexter
    dexter
    hai...i dont think adding veg-oil to petrol/desiel will increase the efficiency of the engine,more over veg oil after combution leaves a sticky substance as by product which results in the failure of piston motion,so i dont think adding veg oil will increase efficiency
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Vegetable oil to be mixed with diesel not petrol.
  • joe3204
    joe3204
    saw this on her majesty's revenue and customs website :

"You can use vegetable oil in your car and mix it with diesel (vegetable oil is generally used as a substitute for diesel) but you will have to make arrangements to pay the excise duty to HMRC."

not sure how much of it is feasible or what type of vehicle they're talking about.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I do not think it will effect efficiency. You can run any diesel on veg oil, however this requires a basic conversion kit to be installed. Mainly because the oil in order to combust must be pre-heated first. Veg oil isn't any more or less efficient than diesel, it is just more green and you don't have to pay for fuel.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    thanks everyone
    thanks for clearing the doubt Gohm
  • khooper
    khooper
    If you don't have a clue about what diesel performance is, the answer is simple: It refers to the increased performance and power that diesel powered vehicles deliver today.
    khooper
    If you don't have a clue about what diesel performance is, the answer is simple: It refers to the increased performance and power that diesel powered vehicles deliver today.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😕 same one can send me a java script code for inlarge image on mouse over......
hi i m using 5mega piexel quantum web cam my web driver has been broken .now i face problem what i do. 😕
Saw a lot of posts in the books section. Heartening to see that in this technical world people are still found of reading. I am a voracious reader. A book...
Are there any fans of old classic movies(any language) here. I am a big fan and would love to hear from others who share the same interest. Keep Posting 😁
Hi Guys, I thought you may be interested in learning about forex trading... Forex Trading eBook Titles: - Forex for n00bs - Forex Trading Basics - Advanced Forex Trading Ideas...