Increase current

I want to increase the amount of current from 5amps to 18amps.....am using 24V battery as a source . Please help me to deal with this problem .

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    You want to increase current without changing battery? And right now battery current capacity is 5 amp?
  • crazy john
    crazy john
    yes....is it possible to do so ??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Battery is constant current source. ๐Ÿ˜” seems difficult.
  • crazy john
    crazy john
    Is there any other alternative to achieve this amount ??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Once i heard about some chip which used to amplify current have to check all spec of that. I'll try to get exact part number of that chip.
  • crazy john
    crazy john
    thank you godfather .
  • lal
    lal
    But if we try to harness more current than the rated from a battery, it would collapse, right? Its designed to reach only that maximum value.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    lal
    But if we try to harness more current than the rated from a battery, it would collapse, right? Its designed to reach only that maximum value.
    Yes we can't draw more than its rated current but we can use some chip if available which convert voltage into current.
  • lal
    lal
    Like a step down transformer decreasing the voltage but stepping up the current.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    lal
    Like a step down transformer decreasing the voltage but stepping up the current.
    Yes exactly like that. ๐Ÿ‘
  • neo23
    neo23
    1. If tried to do so the mAH rating would be proprtionally reduced to half.
    2. If u stepdown the voltage to increase the current , to achieve its double capacity i.e 10 Amps., the voltage would wear down to 12 volts making it useless for the given appliance.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    neo23
    1. If tried to do so the mAH rating would be proprtionally reduced to half.
    2. If u stepdown the voltage to increase the current , to achieve its double capacity i.e 10 Amps., the voltage would wear down to 12 volts making it useless for the given appliance.
    Agree in this case first have to check if that lower voltage is not problematic then we can use such step down chip which gives higher current.
  • RRITESH
    RRITESH
    I want to increase the amount of current from 5amps to 18amps.....am using 24V battery as a source . Please help me to deal with this problem .
    That mean you are using 12V battery in series to have 24V(i think).
    If you want to increase the current connect same voltage rating battery current will not matter.
    and if you don't want to connect more battery in this case the current values always depends on the load resistance,too...!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    RRITESH
    That mean you are using 12V battery in series to have 24V(i think).
    If you want to increase the current connect same voltage rating battery current will not matter.
    and if you don't want to connect more battery in this case the current values always depends on the load resistance,too...!!
    There is only one battery of 24V, and yes current depends on load resistance but you can't draw more than its rated capacity.
  • neo23
    neo23
    godfather
    Agree in this case first have to check if that lower voltage is not problematic then we can use such step down chip which gives higher current.
    Now this is a question that the asker of this question can answer. Whether 12 volts is ok with him. And whether he wants the battery too be used on the same appliance or what?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    neo23
    Now this is a question that the asker of this question can answer. Whether 12 volts is ok with him. And whether he wants the battery too be used on the same appliance or what?
    I read somewhere in another section by the same user he might want to use this battery in the process in which they are generating Hydrogen.
  • neo23
    neo23
    seems
    godfather
    I read somewhere in another section by the same user he might want to use this battery in the process in which they are generating Hydrogen.
    like a small projectwork. a full schematic circuit sdrawing would help me to explain every aspect clearly
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Is this possible with DC source? As, AC can be amplified or transformed... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Praveen-Kumar
    Is this possible with DC source? As, AC can be amplified or transformed... ๐Ÿ˜€
    We can use high speed DC switching.
  • neo23
    neo23
    Power converetor ics can be used. I am sorry to use the word transformer
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Can't we use Transistor as a Current Amplifier?

Reference Links:-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • neo23
    neo23
    Transistor is practically more of a current limiter than an amplifier. In the links given by you what happens is that you are giving a minute current in the base emitter part. Whereas on the other hand you have a battery connected which is capable of giving some current , lets say 5 A (max.) . you can control it between the range 0 to 5 ampere { only in the mesh collector , emitter and the battery}. you are practically amplifying nothing but just controlling the current by a small amount of current in the base emitter junction.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Then it seems only possibility is the transformer as it can do with it turns ratio but even though it does, the losses will be pretty high as well as the losses depend on current!

However, cannot we cannot draw more current than rated though since power will always remain constant as these Voltage and current values will vary depending on P=VI.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Vivacity 2012 is a Technical Festival organized by LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur. It is the annual "Techno-Cultural-Management" festival. It is juxtaposition of energy and spirit which comes alive...
INSEAT 2012 is a Technical Festival organized by Vellore Institute of Technology. International Society of Automation VIT Students' Section (ISA-VIT) welcomes you to INSEAT 2012. This one day event by...
Felicity 2K12 is a Technical and Cultural Festival organized by IIIT Hyderabad. It is the annual fest of the college that includes technical, cultural and literary events, Major Nights, talks,...
National Seminar on Open Source: Opportunities in Entrepreneurship Ver 2.0 is organized by Integrated Academy of Management of Technology. "Free software" is a matter of liberty, not price. Objectives: Entrepreneurship...
13th edition of the Industrial Trade Fair INTEC 2012 is the 13th edition of the Industrial Trade Fair, Coimbatore, scheduled for January 4-9, 2012 at CODISSIA Trade Fair Complex, Coimbatore....