In which technology a site should be created which includes gamification?

I am looking to develop a site for some event for one of the college in my area. So was looking to get some help and ideas. My first query is in which technology I should develop the site for this event as it will include a lot of gamification. And what should be the requirements of the candidates who can create such a website?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could you tell us a bit about the Gamification you are talking about so that we all can make better suggestions?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I think you want conduct a online game event right? Can you please elaborate what are your plans?
  • Meenakshi Rana
    Meenakshi Rana
    Yes you are right I want to conduct an event which includes some tasks and the people can form teams and the moment they complete these tasks they will unlock some badges and will earn some points. These points and badges will make them eligible for some other tasks and there will be designations in the team as well.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Online Treasure hunt?

If so then you will need PHP or .net or Java and HTML + CSS+ jQuery or Flash
  • Meenakshi Rana
    Meenakshi Rana
    And how can I judge which is better .net or PHP or Java?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    php is easy and cheap as per hosting , you can go with it
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PHP should do the job but you'll definitely need JavaScript (jQuery or others) on the front end. You can host your website on your local network on buy a very cheap domain from BlueHost or Hostgator.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I'd take a look at the Open Bages project by Mozilla (#-Link-Snipped-#). It's perfect for gamifying a site.

What I'd worry more about is not choice of language but choice of framework/design patterns.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The South-Korean manufacturer has launched yet another Android smartphone this summer called the "Samsung Galaxy K Zoom" that wants to introduce a really powerful camera option in a phone. You...
When i click yahoomail website , its not opening and it opens a new download dialog box and it also fails when i diwnload it.Is anyone facing similar issue?
any idea about starting new production line or small business for a new graduate of economic bachelor
Let me just tell you that your iPhone 5S isn't a clone of my iPhone 5S; even though they've been made by Apple in the same factory in China, on...
A lot of engineers come to CE looking for good quotes to print on their college fest t-shirts and hoodies. We have some discussions going on in other threads, but...