View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12889 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
grsalvi
grsalvi • Dec 3, 2012

In which programming / scripting language Google + (plus) is written ?

In which programming / scripting language Google + (plus) is written ? I tried to search on web , looked into about ten pages ,but no where i found the answer. There are pages which say that Google did not disclose about that.Is this truth ?😲
I just like the high quality GUI of Google plus especially the animation.So which coding backs its wonderful appearance ?
Abhishek Rawal
Abhishek Rawal • Dec 3, 2012
Google plus uses Javascript in client-side & Java servlets for server code (server-side) largely built with Opensource network.Also HTML5 history API to maintain pretty looking url.

This link will get you even more clear picture : https://anyasq.com/79-im-a-technical-lead-on-the-google+-team
Twitter is completely written in Ruby scripting language!! I know its off -topic but just a information for you guys.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Dec 7, 2012
What you see on the front is the JavaScript (AJAX), CSS3 and HTML5 magic. What goes in the background can only be told by the developers, I guess. Google's developers have confirmed that they're using Java Servlets to build the backend of the Google+ network.
Abhishek Rawal
Abhishek Rawal • Dec 7, 2012
I will be more specific on use of language by Twitter.
Ruby rails on front-end & some of the back-end has been replaced by Scala.
www.artima.com/scalazine/articles/twitter_on_scala.html

PS : Not trying to prove myself better than English-Scared ,just wanted to be more accurate.Hope I didn't offended you.
Troll_So_Hard : You didnt! I heard it from another team who are working extensively on ruby!!

you must be rite 😀

Share this content on your social channels -