IMPORTANT: Respect the CE-Culture

CEans,

The intent behind starting CE was to build a community of engineers who can change the world. Laugh at me, but that was the only intent.

It is disheartening to see that CE gets posts which promote illegal activities such as Software Piracy & Cracking. Such posts are deleted the moment they appear on our forums. Almost everyday, I see posts which ask for 'software keys' and 'method to unlock friend's computer'. We need a deep soul searching.

Friends, we are not just any other community. Let us build a community of 'Good People'. We are Engineers and we have the power to change the world and make it a better place to live.

Respect the 'CE-Culture', that's all I want to say.

-The Big K-
PS: I request each one of us to go through the CE Common Sense Guide. Link is available in my signature. Please include it in your signature as well, so that its more visible on the forum.

Replies

• djnachi
    djnachi
    Big K,

With due respect i totally agree with what you tried to convey through this thread. We are Engineers & we are here to create a "BETTER" world. So lets be true to our self 1st & then to the rest of the world.

Ofcos am a newbie but still i would say "Lets Keep This Community Clean". It implies to all of us.
    Anyway Big K' Wish You & Your Family A Very Happy Gudi Padwa !! 😁

Regards,
    Dj Nachi. πŸ˜€

PS:- Big K' am still not being able to start a new thread of my own so will you please guide me & also how do i add that "Common Sense" link in my signature??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    djnachi
    Big K,

With due respect i totally agree with what you tried to convey through this thread. We are Engineers & we are here to create a "BETTER" world. So lets be true to our self 1st & then to the rest of the world.

Ofcos am a newbie but still i would say "Lets Keep This Community Clean". It implies to all of us.
    Anyway Big K' Wish You & Your Family A Very Happy Gudi Padwa !! 😁

Regards,
    Dj Nachi. πŸ˜€

PS:- Big K' am still not being able to start a new thread of my own so will you please guide me & also how do i add that "Common Sense" link in my signature??
    Hi Dj Nachi πŸ˜€

Thanks for the new year wishes & I wish the same to you & all our CEans. I thank you for supporting me 😁 .

Starting a new thread is simple. You can try out everything in our own 'Newbie Training Center' here -> #-Link-Snipped-#

Everything you need has been explained by CEan - Gaurav's " Fun - Da - Mentals " article ->
    CrazyEngineers

Go through it and try out everything in the Newbie Training Center. πŸ˜€

We all are here to get you started.

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It feels bad to have an increasing number of emails every day which ask for serial numbers/keys to commercial software. I repeat, CE will NEVER encourage piracy or any illegal activity.

Surprisingly, I've been getting personal requests to answer posts. Although I try to respond to every mail in shortest possible time, please understand that I cannot answer to all the posts on forums.

It is recommended that new CEans use the 'search' feature available on CE forums. It is of great help!

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Perhaps we should have a dedicated thread that lists open source or freeware alternatives to common commercial software (especially engineering ones) πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We seriously need to work on the single page document that describes the 'Common Sense' that is expected from all CEans.

I'll start putting up the points together right away.

-The Big K -
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Go Biggie Go! Im with you man!! I cant wait to see the stricter model of

"CE - Common f***ing Sense"

Now, its just a matter of time before you start ripping out your hair in frustration. MUUAHHHHAAHAHAHAHAH!! *I feeeel eeeevill*

* N O T E : D E L E T E . T H I S . P O S T . I F . I N A P P R O P R I A T E *
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xHx 😁 , your words don't convey your emotions.

CCS Guide is *not* a stricter version of CCS. Its just a 'better' representation. The basic expectation remains the same -

1. Use English.
    2. No SMS equivalents.
    3. No illegal activity

Its simple, isn't it?

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Oh yeayea, I get the basics, but I was talking about including NO piracy, NO stupid mails asking for stuff, NO hacking tech etc etc into the CE common Sense.

So, "The CE Common Sense" will include all the basics, rules(some points from my guide if you like) and some faqs like registration etc.

And my emotional outburst was because of coming across people (again), as you have mentioned, who do not understand what CE is!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

recently i read an article on engines that work on compressed air.ie.they use only air as fuel. these engines have so many advantages that some years from now,sureshot they are...
can anybody precisely explain the working of a heat amplifier?:roll:
Hi my dear friends. Can anyboudy tell me wat is wi-fi connection???? plzz😁
Hey guys is it possible in microsoft windows vista that pen drive can be use as a RAM. There is a feature in windows vista that can use ur fast...
[FONT=verdana,geneva]😁Surprise 😁 [/FONT]​[FONT=verdana,geneva]CEans![/FONT] [FONT=verdana,geneva] [/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva]Welcome to CE - Downloads![/FONT] [FONT=verdana,geneva]We have been thinking too hard lately about how to 'create value' through CE. Good news is that, we have no...