IMPORTANT : How to ask questions in this section

Hello all engineers and potential engineers out there. This thread is to give the new members a clear direction on how to post their questions to the forums and get a valid reply from other members.

Pre-Posting:

1. Ask yourself, why did you choose the current field you are in. The ans must not be exact 100% clear cut, but even should not be like "Oh I was drunk while filling in the college form".

2. Ask yourself, what problem you are going through? Is it technical? or is it your college project/report/seminar?

3. Think what you would like to do within the field? If you know that then good, if you dont then keep that in mind too.

Title:

1. You have to think of your topic before hand, otherwise if will be very difficult. Your title must clearly state your topic, not your needs. Eg: This is wrong;

HHEELLPP!!!! or Can some1 gimme project idea!!!11 or artificial intelligence

The correct way would be:

Doubt in
Neural network effects on compression.
Need guidance on
Need help in

(READ THE EXAMPLE BELOW)

You post must first of all state which field you are in.

Secondly
, which area are you considering to work on.

Thirdly
, in your post you have to tell us what research you have already done, by yourself or by using google or the search function and what observations have you reached.

Lastly
, your question clearly stating the problem and what you expect from the answers.

EXAMPLES:

=====Stupid=====
โ€‹

Title: Help! My project does not work!!

Post: i m having a problem with my project. its a robot car and it cannot move straight WHAT SHOULD I DO??????????

==========

====SMART====

Title: Robot car maneuvering problem.

Post: I am a computer engineer and I have made this robot car for my 4th year project. The thing is it recently started acting strange. It randomly turns right whenever there is a slight bump to the bot.

I have checked the microcontroller connections and software, the motors seem to be working fine on their own and even the power source is shielded. What could be the problem?

==========

And in the end, when you do get your answers or solve it by yourself dont be an idiot and run away. PLEASE: Post the solution in the last post and thank everyone collectively.

NOTE: If any improvements are needed please post them. Happy Posting!๐Ÿ˜€
โ€‹

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: Template for asking Questions.

Way to go, xHx! You are a true value adder. ๐Ÿ˜

Nice template & I'm sure it will help the new members of our tribe ๐Ÿ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • Rocker
    Rocker
    Thank you for the post!
  • gohm
    gohm
    great job at providing direction and information for posting on this topic
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We'll make these stickies in each section.
  • mdronsubbs
    mdronsubbs
    thanks for the information buddy....
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yep, thats a good idea!

That reminds me, I need to work on the screencasts again, haha.
  • vaitheeswaran
    vaitheeswaran
    yeah its a good idea,
    This could probably clear the obscures and make the young engineers to travel with their smart ideas. . . .
  • l.balaji009
    l.balaji009
    hi to alll
  • jesutofunmi
    jesutofunmi
    Intelligent Car Transportation System

I want material for my project " Intelligent Car Transportation System" and plz refer me to useful sites for this purpose...
  • jesutofunmi
    jesutofunmi
    I want material for my project " Intelligent Car Transportation System" and plz refer me to useful sites for this purpose
  • jesutofunmi
    jesutofunmi
    Project Topic: Intelligent Car Transportation System

I want material for my project " Intelligent Car Transportation System" and plz refer me to useful sites for this purpose
  • ShobanaJ
    ShobanaJ
    I need a mini project. can u help me with some topics
  • Seanv
    Seanv
    xheavenlyx
    but even should not be like "Oh I was drunk while filling in the college form".
    That's a classic ๐Ÿ˜ .. Biggie, maybe you should lock this thread.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Suggestion accepted.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey!s i guess we are missing one important and "the" most fascinating engineering trade in today's world! THE MATERIALS SCIENCE & ENGINEERING!!! calling out material science s out here! lets...
Probably not a good topic for debate. But you'll agree, its an interesting topic! What, according to you, was the greatest engineering achievement in 20th century & why? -The Big...
HEllo friends I have CD RW previously now I borrow a DVD RW with my friends to copy some material when I connect it to my PC in a same...
Hey everyone, I am in the process of completing my senior design project in school and am in need of some assistance with a portion of it. Essentially want I...
Hi, TV is full of SMS votes and reality shows. Do you think what they show on tv is real?