Importance of heat in civil engineering

Please anyone can help me about "importance of heat in civil engineering" ??

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    When the Hiracud dam was being built the concrete from the mixing plant had to travel a long way to the site of use. The heat of reaction would have set the concrete which had to be made with crushed ice instead of regular water.

This site gives some info on cooling concrete for large projects:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rifat
    Rifat
    A.V.Ramani
    When the Hiracud dam was being built the concrete from the mixing plant had to travel a long way to the site of use. The heat of reaction would have set the concrete which had to be made with crushed ice instead of regular water.

This site gives some info on cooling concrete for large projects:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Owo thank you,if you have more knowledge about this please share with me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft has been on an acquisition spree ever since the beginning of 2015. In January, it acquired 'Equivio', the provider of machine learning technologies and another startup named 'Revolution Analytics'...
hey guys , I am Vidit , student of Computer Science , currently in 6th sem.. my GPA in BE is 6.6 and i have scored 80 % in X...
One of the best graphic designers of all time, Massimo Vignelli. Here is his interview. Check it out: https://www.fastcodesign.com/3044133...ic-design-legend-massimo-vignelli?partner=rss
Hello everyone, I would like to have some information regarding summer training programmes in Cse after 4th sem. Is it necessary? or should we focus on learning languages? And if...
RailTiffin is a food & beverage company founded in the year 2014 by Piyush Bothra and Harshit Jain. RailTiffin is a small attempt towards making the quintessential train journeys in...