Implementing High Security In Mobile Applications

Can anyone help me with ideas on how to provide high security to our mobile application? I got one project idea which needs good security to protect customer's account from hacking, illegal access etc. Please provide some suggestions

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    Simmi27
    Can anyone help me with ideas on how to provide high security to our mobile application? I got one project idea which needs good security to protect customer's account from hacking, illegal access etc. Please provide some suggestions
    It depends on what kind of application you are developing and for which mobile phones, is it Browser based application or an app for smartphones (if yes, which one? please be specific) Also what all access it requires..
    Based on all that U may use different security features ranging from HTTPS/../SSL to
    encryption/../hashing.
  • Simmi27
    Simmi27
    rahul69
    It depends on what kind of application you are developing and for which mobile phones, is it Browser based application or an app for smartphones (if yes, which one? please be specific) Also what all access it requires..
    Based on all that U may use different security features ranging from HTTPS/../SSL to
    encryption/../hashing.
    Well, its going to be an app for smart phones. The user would have an account and a passcode. I wanted suggestions on the use of graphical authentication and how to develop it. Image recognition or OTP used in banks, can that be applied too?
    Or can we try with the cryptography algorithms?
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Simmi27
    Well, its going to be an app for smart phones. The user would have an account and a passcode. I wanted suggestions on the use of graphical authentication and how to develop it. Image recognition or OTP used in banks, can that be applied too?
    Or can we try with the cryptography algorithms?
    OTP will provide a good amount of security, and yes, it can be applied. You may apply TLS for data transfer and encryption for securing the passcode.
    Graphical authentication,..well user may choose a pattern, and each time login, a grid may appear on which user draws same pattern, (just like smartphone lockscreen).
    But I think too much complexity will make the app a little less user friendly, so my advice is to use high bit security algorithm, but finally, it depends on your app, that how much security it needs. So good luck...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For me altered states of consciousness is a personal thing. I have been practicing hata yoga since my tenth year (my mother initiated it) and other forms of mental yoga...
I have about 3.5 years of experience in software industry.
I do not know if this is a problem only in the USA or prevalent in many other countries. What do CEans, especially those still students, feel about this post...
(From Washington Post) Quote: This was a big year for the Internet, from the U.S. debate over net neutrality to proposals to shift control of the worldwide Web to the...
Popular micro-blogging website Twitter rolled out a new update that prompts users to read the tweets they missed. Twitter calls this update the “while you were away” feature which shows...