"I'm Unemployed!" - Is it just an excuse or not!

In India, or elsewhere - finding a job isn't that easy - I agree! But being unemployed for even after one year from passing out of your college? - Is that just an excuse for hiding your weakness? I may be wrong, but why shouldn't a Class 12th pass-out with sufficient knowledge of English or Hindi (or both - plus a regional language) and some sort of skill (eg: Engineering degree) not be able to find work? Does the thirst for working in the field that you studied often pull youngsters back from joining any other field of work? We've a lot of engineering graduates streaming out of colleges every year, but more than half of them are unemployed! If they've to stay in India itself, should they try to be more competent and waste more money on gaining more skills or certifications in the hope of getting a suitable job, or should they try for whatever job they get? A colleague of mine who did Diploma in Electronics, came to learn Electronics and Communications Engineering in my college in Tamil Nadu (I hated that college); now he's moved to Saudi Arabia after getting a job based on his Diploma degree! - seems to me that his 2 years of Engineering after Diploma was a waste of money!

What do you think?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I wish CEans get a good job .
    I am from tamil nadu and Agree to the Situation here On unemployment.We should try to cope up with what we have .We have more than 500engineering Colleges and produce more than 200000 engineering graduates .
    I consider government investing more in job creation .The exposure too Is low considering other states [exclude chennai ].I am from neyveli studying in trichy Anna university and the Situation here makes me to agree to your point .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was unemployed for about a year after my graduation. It wasn't my choice; but 2003 was the year of recession in India and almost every company out there had stopped hiring. I wasn't alone, but most of my friends were without jobs as well.

We had no choice but to keep looking for a job because we were totally clueless. Each one of us had first class grades but no companies were hiring! At that time, the only meaningful options seemed like preparing for PG studies.

The current job scene is quite different from a decade ago. 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The current job scene is quite different from a decade ago. 😀
    Big guy something is not right even now

Ppl are chosen in campus But the offer letters are coming way too late This was not the case a few years ago and also some students who passed out last year are yet to get their placement orders from Some of the most reputed companies. This makes the students who are selected in placements to have a fearful state about their future for a while

Hope all becomes normal soon
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Conqueror
    Big guy something is not right even now

Ppl are chosen in campus But the offer letters are coming way too late This was not the case a few years ago and also some students who passed out last year are yet to get their placement orders from Some of the most reputed companies. This makes the students who are selected in placements to have a fearful state about their future for a while

Hope all becomes normal soon
    Very true. A few of my friends who got placed in Infosys have not been called yet! It's very hard if we don't welcome foreign players to establish themselves in our country. This would atleast create a hope for a developed country in future. The local players are either left at loss or too pulled back by Government for them to create more opportunities. Even if you feel like you want to continue and contribute to India, it's a tough situation here!
  • mail154
    mail154
    anoopthefriend
    In India, or elsewhere - finding a job isn't that easy - I agree! But being unemployed for even after one year from passing out of your college? - Is that just an excuse for hiding your weakness? I may be wrong, but why shouldn't a Class 12th pass-out with sufficient knowledge of English or Hindi (or both - plus a regional language) and some sort of skill (eg: Engineering degree) not be able to find work? Does the thirst for working in the field that you studied often pull youngsters back from joining any other field of work? We've a lot of engineering graduates streaming out of colleges every year, but more than half of them are unemployed! If they've to stay in India itself, should they try to be more competent and waste more money on gaining more skills or certifications in the hope of getting a suitable job, or should they try for whatever job they get? A colleague of mine who did Diploma in Electronics, came to learn Electronics and Communications Engineering in my college in Tamil Nadu (I hated that college); now he's moved to Saudi Arabia after getting a job based on his Diploma degree! - seems to me that his 2 years of Engineering after Diploma was a waste of money!

What do you think?

Actually Its Not An Excuse.People may say all the skilled graduates would get a job in top companies. But the fact of the matter is all the unemployed are not lacking skill but what they actually lack is the opportunity to expose their skill. Some of them do certifications and adding skills to their resume. That may help some but not all. Not half from the total engg. graduates are unemployed in the state. A Recent survey shows only 23% are industry ready. that too is a problem from the side of faculty and exposure the students are provided. apart from the students who got placed from the top colleges in their campus there are tons and tons left. But Some of the honourable educationists say the students being skilled should create opportunity on their own and they should not only look to be employees but also look to become employers. but is it possible at the moment? Exactly Not.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Motorola along with working on customizable Moto X, on the other end hideously working on the another cool Android gadget, Motorola Droid Maxx . Eveleaks in the tweet has leaked...
how many motors are present in a car
Is it possible to run a piece of code inputted by user?? Say in a c# program a user is asked to enter another c# code and we store that...
Learning foreign languages is often considered as a plus point in our life, especially when you're joining an international corporate where use of the native language of that country enhances...
Is there any process or idea of converting moving physical load to produce electric energy depending upon the load acting on the device that converts?😐 For example; Lot of vehicles...