I'm Speaking @ EAD Event By IIT-Kharagpur (Venue: YCCE, Nagpur). Would Love To Meet CEans.

The Entrepreneurship Awareness Drive is being conducted by IIT-KGP at YCCE, Nagpur (SDMP Auditorium). I'm one of the speakers and would be at the venue from 2:15 pm onwards. If any of the CEans are attending the event, I'd love to meet and shake hands with you.

(Click on the poster for bigger version).

EAD-IIT-KGP-Nagpur

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    All the best.
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    Wow! You told us quite early -_-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Chaitanya Kukde
    Wow! You told us quite early -_-
    Have spoken at your college several times on the topic. Where were you?
  • avii
    avii
    Video of the event?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    Video of the event?
    Should come up on IIT KGP site soon; I've been told. I'll get the photos by tomorrow.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thought I'd write a follow up post.

I've spoken at EAD event few years ago (in 2011 or 2012, I don't remember). I must say these guys have been constantly evolving and making things better every time. My talk was scheduled at about 3:15 PM and I reached the venue by 2:30 PM. I missed Debadutta Upadhyay's talk but could attend the last few minutes of talk by Mr. Devarao of IBM Blumix.

The audi was almost full (I'm guessing about 700-800 attendees) and to my surprise, they were responding to the speaker's questions. Typically, the audience sits silent with total disinterest in what the speaker has to say. An enthusiastic audience makes things easier for the speaker to convey the point.

I began my talk with a simple game. I got 5 people from the audience on the stage who considered themselves as budding entrepreneurs. Each had to tell 'Why they wanted to become an entrepreneur' and each one came up with unique answer. I liked two answers and they were gifted our CrazyEngineers T-Shirt. I hope they'll love the tee.

Then followed the story telling session. Since mine was the last talk; I had to wind it up in limited time. I narrated the story of how CE began and the initial days of CrazyEngineers. I couldn't cover everything I wanted to; but I guess I touched upon all the important points. I was informed that people enjoyed the talk and even got great feedback on WhatsApp from the audience. Had about 30-40 minute question answer session with wannabe entrepreneurs after the talk. It's really great to see so many engineers interested in entrepreneurship! I hope to see lot of startups coming up from YCCE in future.

The YCCE management treated us well and it was great interacting with YCCE executives. Special thanks to Krishna and Rajat from IIT-KGP for inviting me to the event and all the hard work they put in organising the event.

Will share photos and video as soon as I get them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just got the pics from the organizing team.

IMG_0571
    The Auditorium
    Kaustubh-Katdare-IIT-KGP
    In The Gyaan Giving Mode [Notice The CrazyEngineers T-Shirt]

Kaustubh-Katdare-YCCE
    Receiving The Memento From YCCE Officials​

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Bike wrecks happen fast. In two milliseconds—that's one-hundred-times quicker than a blink of an eye—a regular ride can turn into a disastrous noggin-buster. If you ever doubted the importance...
After scrapping Night Unlimited plans without any warning, state run telecom and broadband service provider BSNL has this time informed and will be changing the base tariffs of various plans...
Hello. Does anyone here know how to write a "charge simulation method" program in C or C++? It's to calculate electric distribution and also electric potential of two different dielectrics....
Intex Mobiles is on a smartphone launching spree and it has launched a whole new series of smartphones called the 'Intex Aqua Star'. Today they've launched 3 phones in the...
Here is my code : #include using namespace std; struct student { char name[20]; int age; long roll; }; int main() { student jimmy = { "Jimmy Green", 22, 06415603113...