1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

I'm presently in btech first and i am confused about my future.

Question asked by HARSHITA SINGH in #Career Help #ExamPrep on Mar 30, 2020
HARSHITA SINGH
HARSHITA SINGH · Mar 30, 2020
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

I'm pursueing btech in biochemical engineering from HBTU, Kanpur. But the problem is there is zero placement of this branch from this college. Please help me to decide that what should i do after four years of my emgineering because it's choking me totally ki after 4 years i will again stand in front of my parents with nothing in hand except that degree that's of no use....

Posted in: #Career Help #ExamPrep
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Mar 31, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

Why did you choose this branch? You have an interest in biochemical engineering?

HBTU is a reputed Institute dating from British days. The course content appears okay and compatible with current demands.

Biochemical Technology spans a wide range of industries covering food (not to mention drinks!), medicine, environment, energy and more.

There must be some interesting career that you can fit into four years hence.

Do you have an option to change your course now without losing time?

It is important not to lose heart and get dejected.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Apr 1, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

You're in first year; and it's too early to worry! New opportunities will develop. The only thing you should be worried about (at all) is to keep your graduation performance top notch. Aim for at least 70% and above in all the exams so that you are eligible for all the placements in future. 

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up