I'm in second year(CSE). In my college I can go for either dot net or networking. Which is best for me?

Dot net is for one year and networking is advanced diploma for two years.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - You are in second year and you've ample time to determine which line to take. However, let's first understand the difference between two options. 

Dot Net - .Net track takes you through programming. You are likely to get introduced to .net languages and tools - which would be immensely useful if you wish to make a career as software programmer or developer.

Networking - I'd encourage you to read about networking. It's an interesting field, but you need to be absolutely sure that you wish to get into it. 

My recommendation would be to go with .Net. I do not have a strong reason to justify the choice, because it's really not possible to compare the career paths. Here's a clue on how to decide -

Do you like programming? Have you written any programs on your own? Also ask yourself if you wish to become a software developer? If your answer is 'yes', choose the .net track; otherwise go with networking.

Be assured that there are ample job opportunities in both the fields; but the nature of work would be very different. You'll likely be required to get certifications in either of the track; which will enhance your chances of finding the right job. 

Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My ranking is for cdac A+B is 4913 Is there any chances for me to get my self enrolled into CDAC ? If yes please mention the center (most probably...
Tell me can i get acts pune? Is good for placement point of view