IITs may setup campus in Singapore & Quatar

In order to take elite Indian Engineering Education global, India is now pushing forward the proposal of setting up IIT in Singapore. The education ministers of both India and Singapore met each other to discuss the proposal.

The government is also evaluating proposal submitted by Quatar government to setup IIT campus there.

"Accordingly, the proposed International Institute of Technology in Singapore will provide BTech courses in sunrise sectors like energy, environment, communication & computing, design & manufacturing, international diplomacy and management, health science & technology, water resources and education. In the process it will also mark several firsts for the IIT system which still largely sticks to engineering. Marking a growth trajectory, IIT Singapore will also emphasize postgraduate education in a major way and posit itself as a pan-Asian institute." - #-Link-Snipped-#

Do you think its a good move?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I think it is definitely a good move.
    It'll be good to have our own educational institutions catering to a wider global student base..
    But as always, there will be a lot of hurdles before it can be implemented.

And then, care should be taken to ensure that it doesn't turn out to be a business minded organization..
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Its good initiative ,as IIT the brand name will spread more it branches to world as got success here 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all... Let me Introduce myself.. I was graduated from Metallurgy Engineering and work for my self as Indonesian Modificator for motorcycle in Ricky Motor Sport....we concentrate in Fiberglass body...
Here's a list of posts we published during last week. Make sure you did not miss any - Mobile Number Portability coming to India by June 30, 2010 - CrazyEngineers...
Hi.. I am working on Windows XP. I want to protect some of my files from copying. i know how to add new commands in context menu by changing system...
hi... is there any way to amplify a wifi signal.....
suggestions for a summer intern in an appropriate technical field in maharashtra. prime focus in mechanical engineering.