IITian John Paul Xavier wins General Motors India Automotive Design contest

General Motors India had organized an event for automotive design called ‘Design the Next Chevrolet Contest’ for engineers & designers across the nation.

Around 1000 entries were received and 40 were shortlisted.
The objective of this contest was to design a car that would appeal to Indian tastes, preferences and requirements.
Designs were shortlisted by a panel of judges on the following parameters like aesthetics and visual appeal, ergonomics, developmental potential, overall presentation. The contest also kept in mind Indian driving conditions, the environment and safety.

The jury members consisted of Karl Slym, President & Managing Director, GM India, Hormazd Sorabjee, Editor-in-Chief, Autocar, Anil Saini, Director, GM India Design, Global Network Teams & Sumit Sawhney, Vice-President, Sales, Marketing & After-Sales, GM India.

The winners of the contest were felicitated at a function held in Mumbai. John Paul Xavier from Industrial Design Centre at IIT Mumbai who was declared as the winner was awarded with a brand new Chevrolet Beat.
Sachin Panchal from DSK International School of Design in Pune was declared the first runner-up of the contest.

News Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello fellow CEans! The name is Abhijeet Khan. (Khandagale). Mechanical Engineer from GHRCE, Nagpur, I've a wide work area. I've a blessed brain which I put to use a lot....
Comparison of used and new crankshaft after tempering process Hey guys,i am the material engineering student and new in this forum, i have problem in getting the information about comparison...
Trrigers 😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔 Hi , I am not much touch in database programming but have to include trigger for this following table in one of my subprograms so please can anyone...
Vieni a trovarci su <> il sito del podcast <> la trasmissione gratuita orientata ai temi di ingegneria civile, meccanica, elettrica, nucleare, architettura, informatica e quant'altro possa interessare i tecnici...
We , TECHIES , people from modern era ,suppose us to be very logical and rational towards the things. Yet we have faiths and trusts whose reasons we cannot explain.Sometimes...