IIT Bombay Graduates Can Appear For Campus Placements If Startup Fails In 2 Years

In a move to boost entrepreneurship among engineering students, IIT-Bombay has come up with a new schemes. IIT Bombay students can start their companies and if the company fails, they can apply for campus placements and get a job after 2 years. Read the news: #-Link-Snipped-#

Really? Are you serious? Killing all the 'fire' and desire to succeed which is essential factor for the success of any venture? Come on!

I think for any startup the deciding factor is the 'fire' - when don't have much to fall back on and have the desire to go on even during the odds will contribute a lot to your success. If IIT really wants to help students build startups, then they should give them free time to work on their projects. If Google can give their employees 20% of their time to work on their own projects; why can't IITs? Create an environment and role models to inspire engineering graduates to start up! What do you think?

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    You decide whether it suits this topic. I just came to know that Government wants to boost entrepreneurship. They are giving out INR 1 million loan for a suitable idea. I don't remember the name of scheme. The interest rates are quite low.

OK now coming to point of IITs, I have heard of many IITans who have started on new projects. I was thinking if working on existing business line can be a good option. IITs should give time for youngsters else they have to waste their years taking experience.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If an engineer wanted to be the next Bill Gates of motherboards, I'd bet you it would be a motherboard that provided a hardware solution to what now is only...
June 20, 2011 - Lee Shulman, president of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, gives the keynote address at the Stanford Summer Teaching Institute to an audience of...
In a new exhibit at The Leonardo, a science and technology museum in Salt Lake City, a team of Stanford engineers is demonstrating an open source software package called OpenSim...
hi iam suresh
Is Silicon Carbide to replace Silicon soon as the favoured semiconductor material?​ Silicon, the work horse of the electronics and electrical industry might have to be put out to pasture...