IIM Kozhikode Releases The First list of Candidates for PGP Course

Check out this link:

#-Link-Snipped-#

All the best! ๐Ÿ‘

Replies

• Arnav Joshi
    Arnav Joshi
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Even second list has been released. IIM - K this year seems to have followed a very weird procedure.
    They have created a composite score of 100 with 50% weight to CAT score. 20% each to xth,xiith. And 10% to graduation.
    The scores of SSC and HSC have been normalised taking into account the varied difficulty levels of the different boards in the country. People with 92% in CBSE Xth are getting 13-14 out of 20. I saw on one CAT related forum that AP board being presumably simplest, people with 90% marks in xth are getting 8-9/20. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

And here is the biggest bombshell , the 50 marks for CAT are calculated simply by dividing the 'percentile' of candidate by 2. Thus a 100 percentile would get 50 marks while a 96%ile would get 48. ๐Ÿ˜• Thus according to IIM-K the topper of CAT from 1.85 lac students is just 2 marks ahead of a 7000 ranker.They should have at least used CAT Score and not percentile.

The cut-off composite score is 88 for General category. I missed out by 2 marks. But I am not complaining as I had 92 %ile only (i.e around 14k rank).
    But there are people with 99 %ile who didn't get call.

Anyone else here who has had similar experiences? Anyways all the best with the other rounds.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i got 97.37%ile and i didn't get a call. it like a relative grading among the students with same profile as yours. so it causes so many problems. ๐Ÿ˜” i got 96 in 12th for which i got 8/20 and 91 in 10th for which i got 9/20.

its just the board where you study matters. ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • Arnav Joshi
    Arnav Joshi
    You seem to be from Andhra Pradesh board. Tough luck. Some people have calculated that a person from AP with 95%+ in both Xth , Xiith and 100%ile in CAT won't get call.
    I am from CBSE. I had 93% in Xth but got 14/20, I was less unlucky.(in any case I didn't deserve it this year as I had 92%ile) The procedure seems rank unfair. The biggest flaw is that they are considering percentile for calculating the 50 marks allotted to CAT. They should have instead used the CAT score. Because their system gives 50 marks to a 100 %ile while 45 marks to 90 %ile. I.e they are seperating a person with rank 1 and one with rank 20000 by just 5 marks.

Anyways , next year they will change this method surely. And there are other IIMs for 99%ilers. All the best.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Arnav Joshi
    You seem to be from Andhra Pradesh board. Tough luck. Some people have calculated that a person from AP with 95%+ in both Xth , Xiith and 100%ile in CAT won't get call.
    I am from CBSE. I had 93% in Xth but got 14/20, I was less unlucky.(in any case I didn't deserve it this year as I had 92%ile) The procedure seems rank unfair. The biggest flaw is that they are considering percentile for calculating the 50 marks allotted to CAT. They should have instead used the CAT score. Because their system gives 50 marks to a 100 %ile while 45 marks to 90 %ile. I.e they are seperating a person with rank 1 and one with rank 20000 by just 5 marks.

Anyways , next year they will change this method surely. And there are other IIMs for 99%ilers. All the best.
    No i'm Tamil Nadu board ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys, i am in my 4th year (ECE) and have my main project selection now so i am planning to go with the project "Wireless Industrial Security Robot with...
Google has introduced a finalised deal to help increase usage of its Google+ in India. Users of the social network will now be able to log into the service for...
Iโ€™m wondering that do you have trouble to convert PDF-based CAD drawings into .dxf format and even .dwg format. Here I made a small demo about this to share with...
First breakthrough of 2012 ! What was considered as a mere miracle, now is coming out as reality. Scientists have successfully invented a Bionic Eye, that enables a blind to...
A maple seed has a wing shape that is nearly an ideal airfoil. It can remain aloft for a long time helping to scatter the seeds over a wide area....