IIM Indore Expels Students Caught Consuming Drugs - Is it right or wrong?

IIM Indore - has expelled three students caught consuming drugs and will not allow them to seek admission in any IIM for the next two years. Now considering that the drug consumption is a personal choice made by the students who are mature enough to take decisions of their lives, do you think IIMI's stand can be justified?

Replies

• barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    see first of all by expelling the student hasto realise by now the importance of studies and education over drugs.
    moreover, there are various ways in which a college can react to personel problems of students. there are cases where small schools expell students because of stonepelting other students, fighting,etc.
    And we cant expect IIM imdore to start a convention cell for these kindofstudents where they will be given anti drug advice... (idea is not bad but not worth for the habit)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I doubt these students will really benefit from anti-drug advice. They are 'mature' (?) & elite & brilliant students who exactly knew what they were doing. Should the IIMs be silent about the use of drugs by their students? Should they freely allow drugs to be consumed within their premises? Wouldn't that bring bad reputation to the college?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Cases where IIM's decision was correct according to me are,
    - If the students were caught taking drugs in college premises.
    - a unacceptable conduct done by them, resulted due to influence of drugs.

Other than that, if they did it outside and didn't messed up anything inside the college, the action seem to be incorrect.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I agree with #-Link-Snipped-#, if they were doing it in inside the college then the decision is correct, otherwise they dont have any right to interfere with what students are doing with their life. And as i read about it, it turned out that they were doing it in hostel room, so I guess IIM-Indore did the right thing.
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    ya if it in the college premises..
    Does it also mean that if the student is found with the hangover of the drug in the college premises? even though he did not have it inside campus?
    this then leads to making rules and regulations without loopholes...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how to convert dc to ac sine wave for high power values.what is the circuit used in inverters?
Hi..I want to buy a new phone within a budget of around 10k. Do I need to look at phone's internal memory as a factor before buying?? Is it true...
Does Google Delete Your Mail On Its Own? This is what I am thinking. I am facing this problem. Even when I am not deleting my mails, I can find...
why is the frequency of pulsating dc is more than actual alternating sine wave
Here is the gallery of submissions for Nat Geo's 2012 photo contest. While all are good some are breath taking. https://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/n..._content=inside_20121127&utm_campaign=Content