IIM-Calcutta hikes fees by 50 per cent

Premier management institute Indian Institute of Management-Calcutta (IIM-C) has decided to raise fees for its flagship two-year post-graduate diploma in management programme by 50 per cent from Rs 9 lakh to Rs 13.5 lakh from the current session (2010-12).
The fee hike was finalised at a meeting of the board of governors of the institute, board chairman Ajit Balakrishnan said.
The hike was necessary to cope with the increased expenditure in infrastructure, greater faculty allocation and spending in research related activities, he said.
The hiked fee would be at par with that of IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bangalore.
Balakrishnan said the additional funds will also be utilised to give fee waiver to more students.
The institute offers fee waiver to around 10 percent of students who fail to arrange the funds for the course.

find more at:#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    MBA is becoming more and more expensive these days, it seems!!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    What about the fee of other IIM'S. Are they also planning to keep it par to Ahamdabad and Banagloru.
  • kunaljd
    kunaljd
    check this link.:#-Link-Snipped-#
    things gonna get tough for iim students.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Red Bull's Mark Webber overcame hazardous wet weather to take pole position for the Malaysian Grand Prix. The Australian switched from wet tyres to intermediates in drying conditions for the...
can any one solve my problem. whenever i start my PC it shows an error message that, "Primary Master Hard Disk error". What does it mean?? does it mean that...
hi frndz, my first question is, Q1> IS there any lifespan for BIOS from the date of purchase? OR Is it neccessary to update the BIOS after 6 to 7...
First of all, I would like to thank the whole team of CrazyEngineers for wishing me on my birthday! πŸ˜€ And I wanted to ask if anyone could give me...
Wishing our moderator, CEan MaRo a very happy & prosperous Birthday! 😁 😁😁😁 May your dreams come true and Project QREO attain newer heights! πŸŽ‰Party On! 😁