If there's no such thing as 'Job Security'; what should we do?

CEans,

I've been hearing this quite often these days. There's no Job Security! Well, instead of getting worried about job security; how about coming up with practical ways to be prepared to handle it?

What do you think an employed professional do to fight the specter of zero job security?

Replies

• swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    hello CEans,
    JOB SECURITY--the word seems heavy but can be easily handled,
    1.requires mental balance .
    2.Start analysing your company's financial status i mean the regularity of the pay so on
    3.next analyse your position in your team as to which work you are assigned ex:coding,designing,testing and decide your role for the upcoming months/projects in hand(Anticipate).
    In this way you will be able to get a hold of as to what would happen in the upcoming days!!!
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Easiest way to get job security, join a government job!!

All you gotta do is : :sleepy:
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If there's no such thing as Job Security for me there is no much difference.

Since if we are confident enough on our skills and abilities this thing doesn't matter.

Many people said this "Love your job not your company"

Recently i have got a warning from my manager stating there are lay-offs in our company a small suggestion is please talk something in the meetings.
    Don't sit silent 😔

I asked if we don't know the topic under discussion is it worth opening mouth??
    He said it increases your presence.

My answer was rude but right from my heart "I will not talk on topics which i don't know anything"
    He was serious but i am confident on my work.

If they throw me out i may not have money for a month or so but getting a job if you have skills required is always possible.

So just concentrate on your work !! Learn effective and innovative ways to work is all i could say.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    mad_scientist
    Easiest way to get job security, join a government job!!

All you gotta do is : :sleepy:

Dude sorry to say this but most of the countries are still developing from years eg: India because of the above said reason.

But hopefully things will change.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I agree with what you are saying and I was, in fact, being sarcastic!!
  • safwan
    safwan
    Try your luck here in Gulf here you also get good job if you donot have some good skill also .
    Idont know why but here if you work in good MNC then you have job security but if you are under private company then we cannot say.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    In words of Lady Pamela Slim in Small Talk "Be a self-employed ..". No that doesn't mean everyone should get involved in business but be prepared with your skills so that no company ever like to fire you or you need to suffer even when company shut down.So then no questions of Job security. I feel only those have fear of Job Security who are not capable of doing anything [inside or outside any company] or who don't want to do anything. Simple.
  • inform
    inform
    I also agree with what others hae said here.I u have the calibre and qualities you don't need to fear for anything.It is for those person to fear who take it for granted and don't want to work as it is demanded from them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I wish to know if there are any totally crazy CEans over here who are seriously considering quitting their jobs to dedicate their time & efforts to their venture....
This thread is dedicated to engineering final year students: I was interacting with the T&P [Training & Placements] officer of an engineering college yesterday. A student came in & said...
After Microsoft (Google Announced Chrome OS), now Google is attacking IBM in their territory. Google set its sights on IBM, unveiling a tool to migrate Lotus Notes users to Google...
I want to define run time of a program in C i.e the program should run for specific time given as input by the user. Can anybody give me the...
hi friends, can u plz tell me which book i should refer for oracle.. also want to know the name of the 3 modules of oracle??? m doing first module...