If Electricity can't be stored...

hello frndz..can anyone tel me...dat if electricity can't be stored then what is the need of power cuts???

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Re: Electricity

sachleen
    hello frndz..can anyone tel me...dat if electricity can't be stored then what is the need of power cuts???
    Power cut is because of some failure or Load distribution.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Re: Electricity

sachleen
    lol i think you went in wrong track on understanding it
    think about generation we use hydro for more power generation as power generated in summer is less and load demand is more in summer
    i think you didn't observed that most of power cut is on maximum load condition so generating electricity will be managed
    note one thing power cuts are not to store electricity they are to meet the load demand if the generation is satisfactory they don't keep power cuts
    in andra pradesh we usually buy electricity from other states to meet load but that too not able to meet so we are having power cuts on depending on cost too
    @gf: ofcourse your right bro but it is not completely right because for such system failures they are having alternatives to meet them so we are using many alternators and synchronizing them with bus bars
    @others: i think i am correct if not correct me
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Power cuts and storage of electricity aren't directly related. I need to understand your question before I can answer it correctly.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    The_Big_K
    Power cuts and storage of electricity aren't directly related. I need to understand your question before I can answer it correctly.
    i think i can make you understand biggie
    in India we are having frequent power cuts as per some schedules and we also know that electricity can't be stored
    now question is we can't store electricity then what the need of power cuts
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Question is simple and the reason is still simple. Electricity cannot be stored in power stations, right?

It is continuously generated. So when the demand for electricity gets more than production rate we face low voltage. If the demand gets still more we have a power cut.

Now suppose a city consists of A, B, C, D wards. Now the overall demand for electricity is increased. So what will electricity board do? It will divert the supply for ward A to B, C, D for some time, for the next cycle the supply from B is diverted to A, C, D and the cycle will rotate.

When the supply from A is diverted it will face power cut similarly for B, C, D.

(Food for thought: A simple version of power cut, many of you must have witnessed. Have you done welding in your house? The voltage required is very high. So your tube lights gets dimmed. This example is slightly different from the question.)
  • sachleen
    sachleen
    wel said....@NM....
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    We are generating continuous electricity and none of it can be stored and load management is very important.

Reasons for Power cuts

1. Due to faults.

2. Load Demand is high.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey friends why can't we divert this discussion
    now my doubt is we are having most of power cuts due to low power and high demand right
    then why can't we increase the generating power depending on the load
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    We can actually but it takes more burning of fuel( Mostly coal), which requires sanctions from various authorities like environmental departments etc.

people may say anything but Mr. Narendra Modi has proved it time and again. See this pdf. You will see detailed planning. #-Link-Snipped-#

Also, we can make existing plants more efficient by modern technologies.

I will post more information as to how most successful projects are made feasible soon. I appeal to anyone and everyone to come up with how most successful energy saving/ efficient electricity projects are working smoothly.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I would like to add my point here... Our block of houses, about 15 of them, we used to have frequent powercuts, and the reason is simple. Before when it was winter, we had not much ACs on at the same time. But now, during the summer, there are ACs running in almost all the houses and not only one, but three per house. Because of this, the load cannot be tolerated by the fuse and the transformer and it gets fused!
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    praveenscience
    I would like to add my point here... Our block of houses, about 15 of them, we used to have frequent powercuts, and the reason is simple. Before when it was winter, we had not much ACs on at the same time. But now, during the summer, there are ACs running in almost all the houses and not only one, but three per house. Because of this, the load cannot be tolerated by the fuse and the transformer and it gets fused!
    this i called as increase in load
    narayana murthy
    this i called as increase in load
    Yes, but this is the major problem for power cut in India... Am I right?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    praveenscience
    Yes, but this is the major problem for power cut in India... Am I right?
    yes so in houses we are using inverters and generators........
    Not in all houses here nearby! ๐Ÿ˜” Moreover they are costly here... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    praveenscience
    Not in all houses here nearby! ๐Ÿ˜” Moreover they are costly here... ๐Ÿ˜”
    hmmm ofcourse costly in here too inverter is almost 10k to run 2 fans and 2 lights
    Man!!! That's too costly!!! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    praveenscience
    Man!!! That's too costly!!! ๐Ÿ˜”
    yes so we are using emergency lights for light on nights
    but i think this power cut is good because by that i am going out for fresh air due to sweat
    so i can enjoy nature ๐Ÿ˜
    Dude, are you talking in senses??? Lolz...
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    praveenscience
    Dude, are you talking in senses??? Lolz...
    lol ya serious if there is no power cut i never leave my room and and my computer due to power cut i am going out and taking fresh air which is good to health otherwise i will be always in closed room and artificial air
    What you say is right? Work is there na? How can we be here without any electricity and if we can store electricity, it would be easy at these times!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    sachleen
    It is assumed that the question refers to imposed power cuts.
    Every power generating station has a maximum generation capacity. Generally it is unsafe to operate continuously at this capacity. If the connected load becomes too much the only option is to reduce the load by power cuts. Otherwise one can get into 'brown outs' (dimming of lights due to fall in voltage as Ishutopre says) or even black outs due to tripping.

In hydro electric generation power cuts may also be imposed because of low reservoir level.

Bioramani

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lecture Series on Surveying by Prof. Bharat Lohani, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Kanpur. [video=youtube;chhuq_t40rY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chhuq_t40rY&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Easy Duplicate Finder File Size 4 MB Easy Duplicate Finder is a powerful tool to find and resolve duplicate photos, documents, spreadsheets, MP3's, and more! Removing duplicates also you can...
i am confuse which branch should i take electronic, mechatronics or automobile. please help me with the career options.
One of my friend posted some videos on Internet on how to cheat in exam. Is it good to cheat? Is it necessary? Well I don't know but here is...
hi Im at last term of license of power engineering. and I should providing a project. who can help me for subject?๐Ÿ˜ญ