IES Qualification & Preparation Tips

can anyone say about IES and its qualifications and neccesary needs to attempt it

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey guys i got the result for my question here the url for elegibility conditions for ies
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    view it and reply if u got any other results
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    ESE (Engineering services exam) is famously known as IES (Indian Engineering Services) is the standardized and highest level of exam for engineering graduates in India. ESE exam is conducted annually and written qualified candidates shall be called for Personal interview and later the list of finally selected candidates is announced.

i got this as mail the url is in previous post is not working now
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I read somewhere that, students preparing for IES study the material they use for GATE.

So, What is the difference between IES and GATE?
    I found out that:
    For GATE, around 5 technical important subjects with Maths and Quantitative Aptitude may be sufficient to crack 95 to 98 percentile.
    You may have to even work out Exercise problems also for those subjects and may have to study multiple books for the same topic.
    But for Engineering Service Exam (ESE), you may need not practice Exercise problems or may need not study multiple books for the same topic.
    Instead you will have to study multiple books for the same subject but for not same topic.

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    thats true akd so i think concept is more important to be known and more memory power is required for ies
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @narayana: Yes. Your concepts have to be very clear in your core branch of engineering.

Are you preparing for the IES Exam?
    (We should post regarding some useful study material)
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @akd:i am not yet completed my engineering
    after my engineering i am planning to prepare for ies
    if i am selected for campus also i will join and beside i will try for it too
    actually i had 4 choices in mind
    1.IES
    2.aptransco
    3.going abroad
    4.campus
    but anyway i think ies as my final goal
  • shiva91
    shiva91
    @ NARANYA .
    I completed my enginnering in 2009 . Now i am working as network engineer at cmc ltd . My final goal is to get job in BHEL. can you help me to prepare for that .
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    sure shiva but i am not much clear about BHEL so i am giving this url to help
    i think this may help you
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey friends today i got a good news regarding IES
    an IES coaching center came for advertising for our college
    they are saying they had gate,gre,ies and other exams coaching staff
    and they are in bangalore and hyderabad they taken our details regarding this
    i hope this may be coaching center for me to get my coaching
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i think this may helpful
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    @admin: please dont think it as advertising i posted because it has pattern of examination and syllabus download links
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    @naryayana : if you want to join coaching then join MADE EASY IES ACADEMY...it is a good institute for preparation for ESE

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

File sharing can be painful. There are tons of services out there but they are cluttered with unwanted stuff. There's a new service, called 'ge.tt' (ge.tt ) that's aiming to...
Why is that in a circuit made of series connection of capacitors the total capacitance of capacitors in series is equal to the reciprocal of the sum of the reciprocals...
There is a ton of extra literature the high school senior receives in the mail during their twelfth grade year. There are special scholarship offers, student financing, and special college...
Here's our special small talk published on December 01,2010: Jay Chopde - It's All About Passion ...an exciting interview about Mr. Chopde's entrepreneurial journey. Your comments and feedback are welcome...
To apply for this: download the fresher.xls file from here: 2shared - download fresher.xls Follow the instructions given in the excel file & send it as an attachment with your...