IE9 Promises Beautiful, Rich & Immersive Web: What do you think?

IE 9 is all set for public beta release on September 15th. Sure thing we'll download it and post a detailed review; but it would be interesting to know what our CEans think about IE9 and what their expectations are.

Microsoft has failed to deliver quality with previous IE versions and the competition is eating them out with faster and lighter browsers.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm, Know what? I think I am drifting from IE7 to CHROME to IE8 . Chrome is quite slow (atleast on my computer) and a page expires 70% on chrome where as I get a quick browser experience on IE8. I don't know how many agree with me.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    @ durga
    Yeah, I somewhat get that. I alternate between IE8, Firefox, Opera and Chrome whenever each of them is are slow or messes up the page rendering. In fact, I use Opera more for opening the admin pages of the network devices at home than others.

Looking forward to see what IE9 can offer!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally have more hopes from IE9. IE can't take any chances with IE9 otherwise they'll seriously trouble their own stay in the browser wars.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ Ash - i totally agree, my netgear router pages just expires off all the time and it was quite frustrating for me. I opened with flock it was OK , so with my uni website which needs me to browse through many layers of pages before i access the needed pages

@Biggie
    Chrome did raise dust intially, but IE still has a stand, i know many web applications (co0operate level) which dont run on chrome

*seeing my heavy abuse of admin rights , my admin rights were revoked later for me to try any other browser at work :-|
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I know. However there are tons of things that don't run on IE 😔 ! Microsoft 😐 !
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    IE 9 looks good , neat and non clumpsy
    I just downloaded the beta version and its nice. As soon as the browser is started up, the user is given an option to disable the add-ons whichtake time to load up. Good thing is, it shows the exact time taken to load as well.
    I have as well read, there is a new feature introduced whch will enable the user to 'pin' fav sites oh desktop 😛
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    I haven't still use the IE9 ,but as if you talk about corporate level as IE8 is Working well .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Respected Fellow Ceans and Moderators. I request you to help me out in this confusion of mine. I am residing near chennai doing my final year engg in E.C.E. I...
Respected Fellow Ceans and Moderators. I request you to help me out in this confusion of mine. I am residing near chennai doing my final year engg in E.C.E. I...
The question is at this link IIT 2005 Main Paper Physics : IIT JEE 2005 Physics Main Question Paper and Solutions . Since the solution cannot uploaded i print screen...
THIS IS INCREDIBLE.... Read all the Numbers... Slowly and in Order!! Be Careful not to MISS ANY 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13...
THE WORST HIJACKING We shall never know the identity of the man who in 1976 made the most unsuccessful hijack attempt ever. On a flight across America, he rose from...